This consultant will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting data related to the implementation of a new payroll system. The consultant will work closely with the project team to gather and validate data, perform data cleansing and transformation, and provide insights and recommendations based on your analysis. This position is expected to be primarily onsite in our client's greater-Toronto area offices (eventually hybrid schedule will be acceptable for the right candidate).Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the project team to understand data requirements for the payroll system implementation.
- Gather, validate, and analyze data from various sources, ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
- Perform data cleansing and transformation to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Develop and maintain data models, reports, and dashboards to visualize and present data analysis findings.
- Identify trends, patterns, and anomalies in data, and provide insights and recommendations to optimize payroll processes.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their data analysis needs and provide customized reports and analysis.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure data integration and migration from legacy systems to the new payroll system.
- Perform data validation and reconciliation to ensure data accuracy and consistency between different systems.
- Assist in the development and implementation of data quality control measures to ensure data integrity.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and trends in data analysis and implement them in the payroll implementation process.
- Bachelor's degree in data science, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a data analyst or similar role, preferably in the payroll domain.
- Strong proficiency in data analysis and visualization tools such as SQL, Excel, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Excellent data manipulation and data cleansing skills.
- Knowledge of database management systems, data warehousing, and data integration concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret complex data and present insights in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data analysis.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Knowledge of payroll processes, systems, and compliance requirements is an asset.
This is a project-based consulting opportunity with a start date of with an initial duration of 1 year ,
with the possibility of extending. Level of Effort:
Full time Working Hours:
EST (Toronto)About Us
Spencer Thomas Group (STG) is a Professional Services firm that delivers comprehensive business solutions worldwide. Whether it's Global Payroll & Human Capital Management, Organizational Change Management, Enterprise Service Management, or Program and Project Management services, our human-centric methodology RightFIT, delivers extraordinary Customer and Employee digital experiences that advances business priorities.