Job ID: 12652
Job Category: Information & Technology
Division & Section: Technology Services, Digital Government & Modernization
Work Location: 18 Dyas Road
Job Type & Duration: Full Time, Temporary, 12 Months
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $45.92 - $50.32, TF0574, Wage Grade 15
Shift Information: Monday - Friday, 35 Hours per Week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: Dec-01-2020 - Dec-15-2020
To provide technical support, expertise, and lead data cleaning, manipulation, analysis and visualization on data to deliver insights and contribute to evidence based decision making and solutions.
- Provides technical expertise in using data analysis techniques to City divisions to support of data driven decision making.
- Leads development and supports the management of corporate analytical models.
- Reviews work of staff and provides informal training.
- Integrates a variety of business data with location information and analyzes data to gain additional insights.
- Ensures data quality and performs data cleansing.
- Produces data visualization on a range of different data sources, including structured, unstructured, real-time and geospatial.
- Troubleshoots and takes actions to resolve issues associated to data, interpretation and reporting.
- Develops, fosters and maintains effective working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders on project requirements and approaches related to data analysis, visualizations, data quality, and project delivery timelines
- Develops data quality evaluation processes.
- Guides the creation and maintenance of data dictionaries and metadata.
- Participates in business requirement workshops and supports the documentation of business requirements.
- Implements industry best practices on machine learning, artificial intelligence, and digital twinning, resulting in operational improvements and project success
- Maintains and performs best practices related to data analysis and data visualization on internal and public facing projects.
- Communicates analysis results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Compiles data/statistical reports based on data analysis.
- Delivers presentations based on findings.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of both the current and emerging data analytics technology and products.
- Produces technical documents pertaining to data analytic processes, analysis, methods and models
- Prepares and evaluates information and technology proposals, requirements, analysis and design documents including detailed specifications of data, information and software architectures.
- Participates in design and evaluation sessions of data analytics and machine learning processes with objectives to conduct testing, devise audits and support implementations.
- Post-secondary education in the field of quantitative analysis (i.e. Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Geography, Mathematics, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries in either Oracle, Postgres or MySQL
- Extensive experience cleaning and manipulating data with either Python or R
- Extensive experience creating dynamic data visualizations (i.e. Plotly, matplotlib, D3, R Shiny, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience developing and delivering presentations using a range of software tools (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Presentations etc.)
You must also have:
- Ability to develop custom web visualizations (i.e. HTML5, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, etc.)
- Ability to write technical document using open source notebooks (i.e. Jupyter, R Notebook, Markdown, Bookdown, etc.)
- Ability to write and contribute to the development of reports
- Knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS)
- Knowledge of spatial analysis
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis (i.e. descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, regression analysis, content analysis, natural language processing, etc.)
- Ability to gather client business requirements
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability analyzing structured and unstructured data
- Extensive problem solving and critical thinking skills
Contribute to the vision of "Toronto better served through innovative Technology Services."
As North America’s fourth largest city and Canada’s financial and business capital, the City of Toronto is seeking innovative, proven information technology specialists to join our dynamic team, Help build a best practice Technology Services organization that will be responsive in meeting the needs of our 240+ different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites.
Join the Toronto Public Service as a Senior Data Analyst within our award-winning Technology Services Division, supporting the City programs and services that ultimately serve approximately 2.8 million residents. The diversity of our Technology Services applications, services and infrastructure mirrors the diversity of our citizens. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 Petabyte of data. We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our successful use of Technology Services to attract leading-edge business, build skills, generate economic growth and improve government service delivery. Our talented teams are behind the creation of the City’s 3-1-1 Report It Online campaign, Toronto Public Library’s express checkout system and Canada Post’s ePost service.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.