This government agency requires a Data Engineer to join the Research and Insights team on an initial 4-month contract with the option to extend to January 2021.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, implementing, optimising and managing core data infrastructure on cloud platforms (e.g. Azure) with an emphasis on security and reliability. This includes data migration.
- Developing, implementing and managing application and user access for the core data infrastructure in accordance with Data Governance Frameworks and/or policies.
- Managing data infrastructure in a CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development) pipeline with appropriate controls and documentation.
- Building and sustaining multiple ingestion pipelines with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools as per defined business and user requirements with an emphasis on quality.
- Designing and implementing data pipeline and reporting processes, including automation where required (e.g. Azure Automation).
- Defining processes or options for deploying and integrating new features/capabilities on to the core data infrastructure platform.
- Providing strategic and operational advice on transformational program/project direction for data engineering activities, including infrastructure build, which meets business requirements and is of high quality.
- Working with the Business Analyst and/or other stakeholders to deliver outcomes which provide value to the business and align with the agency's strategy across the project.
- Developing handover documentation and ongoing support models, including architecture diagrams.
- Validation of infrastructure and models in a test environment and commissioning onto production platforms.
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of ICT integration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and providing support to business stakeholders to achieve successful UAT outcomes.
- Creating analytics tools, data marts and reports which can be used to build/optimise products for stakeholders across the business using Microsoft BI technologies such as Azure, SQL Server, Power BI, Excel etc
As the successful applicant you will possess the following skills:
- Extensive experience in data engineering, with a focus on analytics in the context of a large scale, complex business change program/project. Public sector experience is desired but not essential.
- Demonstrated track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, decoupled datasets, with attention to detail in data quality, wrangling, cleansing and validation.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with project/business stakeholders to understand their goals and objectives, and fully clarify their needs.
- Knowledge of, and experience in applying, waterfall and agile project methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2 Agile) in cross-functional teams within a dynamic environment.
- Required technical skills:
- Extensive experience in setup, migration and management of Data Warehouses in the Cloud (e.g. Azure).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft SQL and Python scripting.
- Data mart setup based on use cases.
- Desirable technical skills:
- Advanced skill in NoSQL.
- Power BI report creation and secure sharing.
To be considered, simply click Apply and upload your up-to-date resume.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856, State: SA, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHS 288821. For queries relating to 'Labour Hire Licences' ONLY please contact: 'firstname.lastname@example.org' (do not apply to the advert using this email).