Seeking an experienced Data Engineer with a proven record of developing advanced reporting data models on complex, disparate systems, preferably in a Big Data warehouse environment. The candidate will be a member of a team developing and evolving an internal business intelligence infrastructure for large online media store. The data models developed by this team will supply information to engineering, business operations, and external content providers regarding status of online media, including incoming and outgoing volume, workflow status, and availability status.
- The specific responsibilities of the Data Engineer position include, but are not limited to, the development and deployment of data models and reports that provide business intelligence to engineering and operations groups.
- Investigation, profiling, and resolution of performance bottlenecks attendant to usage of the databases, either when loading or extracting. This will likely involve interaction with key users to ensure that performance is suited to their particular needs.
- Implementation of extracts and reports from the production databases, in support of repeated, periodic, automated requests, as well as ad-hoc requests as needed by key stakeholders.
- Development of data models using Oracle and HDFS that summarize complex data into usable, digestible datasets, dashboards, and reports.
- Strong experience writing SQL on Oracle
- Strong experience writing Oracle PLSQL
- Experience with Spark SQL
- Experience with Hadoop/HDFS
- Familiar with job scheduling systems for orchestrating data pipelines
- Experience writing shell scripts
- Skilled in advanced SQL performance tuning, particularly involving complex PLSQL
development, capable of re-writing SQL to reduce execution time.
- Strong understanding of distributed transactions between Oracle databases.
- Proficiency in OS X and Linux server environments.
- Minimum of 4 years developing SQL reports.
DESIRABLE SKILLS (not Required)
- Familiar with Azkaban, Airflow, Trino, Hive, Kubernetes
- Familiar with Cassandra, MongoDB, and SOLR
- Knowledge of online media (video, music, publications, etc)
- Able to solve problems independently using available resources.
- Pro-actively seeks to develop solutions to complex problems.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.