Be part of the change
Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to re-define the customer experience related to car usage and ownership. Combining digital technologies and innovative services, we are committed to offer the most personal solutions in mobility. While Volvo Cars is pushing the boundaries within electrification, design, safety leadership, sustainability and more – some of the most exciting action is happening in the area of online sales. We are building up Volvo Cars online sales capabilities and driving the shift towards direct consumer sales.
Our aim is clear – to provide customers with modern, flexible and hassle-free ways to own a car, whether through a Care by Volvo subscription, lease, loan or cash. By that, shaping the future of the automotive industry
What’s in it for you?
Care by Volvo is a unique premium subscription service that we are developing, and by that shaping the future of the automotive industry. We have one clear aim – to give our consumers back more time to do the things they love. Welcome to a completely new way of accessing a car, where a hassle-free, flexible monthly subscription is all you need. We are looking for a truly passionate product and brand ambassador for Care by Volvo leasing model within our online business, to join our growing team based at Volvo Cars in Stockholm. Using your extensive data analytics capabilities, you will enable us to unlock ways to drive positive change and growth within customer onboarding.What You’ll Do
As a Data Engineer, you will support and contribute to the development of products aimed at enhancing business decision-making capabilities, ensuring alignment with Volvo Cars standards, best practices, and utilizing data and analytics tools support.
You will also:
- Development and automation of sustainable data sets, utilizing different data sources and platforms.
- Use ETL techniques to build out end-to-end data pipeline and make timely data available for business users.
- Implement Data Quality Services to maintain high standards of data quality and integrity.
- Troubleshoot and support the data warehouse and associated tools.
- Help to establish best practices for development, testing, migration and error handling.
- Assists in capturing processes, procedures and other metadata in documentation; ensures that documentation is well organized, complete, and appropriate for the audience.
- Educate individuals and products within the organization on effective methods of working with data and visualization, fostering a data-driven culture.
Do you fit the profile?
We are looking for committed people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Volvo to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Volvo we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
We believe that your background and skills include
Additional Skills That Would Be Considered a Plus
- Suitable education (B.E, MCA, BSc, MSc, or equivalent training in Computer Science or the equivalent).
- Minimum of 2+ years relevant experience as a data engineer
- Knowledgeable in prototyping, specifying and implementing analytical ecosystems and/or logical data warehouses, including (big) data architecture, such as data lakes, streaming data analytics, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform for building and deploying scalable data solutions.
- Proficiency in languages such as SQL for database querying and manipulation.
- Strong programming skills in languages like Python, Java, or Scala for data processing and analysis.
- Experience with various database systems such as relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) and cloud-based data warehouses (e.g., Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery).
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions.
- Understanding of data modeling concepts, including relational databases, data warehouses, and dimensional modeling.
- Understanding of data quality principles and experience implementing data quality processes.
- A commitment to continuous learning and staying updated on emerging technologies in the data engineering field.
- Knowledge of analytics and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Looker for creating data visualizations and reports.
- Knowledge of BI architectures, concepts, and frameworks.
- Showing a deep interest in analytics and data science platform technologies and being curios about how these technologies can help create opportunities across the company.
- Detailed and organized
Stockholm or Gothenburg
How to apply:
Does this sound like your next challenge? Welcome with your application by submitting your resume no later than 23 February 2024
We do not accept email applications directly due to GDPR so we welcome your application via the link.
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis so don't delay sending in your interests.