Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Come work on a best-in-class business intelligence team using industry leading tools to support healthcare delivery for millions of Veterans!
- The Enterprise Reporting & Analytics (ERA) team is a shared service institutionalizing data-driven decision making alongside business partners, creating culture of data literacy, and automating insights to unlock value of idle data locked away in systems
- ERA supports Optum Serve, where we help federal agencies and communities across the nation tackle some of the biggest challenges in health care
- Within Optum Serve, ERA supports the Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN), which consists of over 2 million community-based providers who ensure over 6 million Veterans receive the excellent care they deserve. With their support, Optum can deliver health care services to meet the needs of veterans in every community
- ERA supports our business partner with contractual and operational reporting, ensuring that Optum fulfills performance obligations and meets its own standards of excellence in healthcare delivery across all functional areas within the scope of the program
- We will focus on recruiting and hiring highly qualified individuals that demonstrate diversity of background and thought - enabling collaboration, critical thinking, assumption questioning, resilience, and continuous development. As arbiters of truth for the enterprise and our business partners, we have a duty to the organization and society to identify, understand, and remove bias in our work. With the goal of building an engaging and accepting culture with a broad range of perspectives, we partner closely with our Inclusion Committee to focus on our key DEI initiatives
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities
- Provider Network Reporting
- Within the VA CCN program this role is responsible for developing, operating, and maintaining a suite of internal and external-facing reports used to monitor operations and communicate performance to the customer
- This role will focus on geospatial measurement of VA CCN network to fulfill contractual reporting needs
- This role will also support the VA CCN provider network team with operational reporting and ad hoc geospatial analytics to support provider network optimization activities managed by the VA CCN provider network team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications
Before applying, please ensure each of these experiences are stated clearly on your resume under each applicable employer entry.
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Data Analyst
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases & database structures (such as SQL or Oracle)
- 5+ years of experience developing in business intelligence / data visualization software (preferably Tableau or Power BI)
- Experience or capability to work with geographic information systems (GIS) to enable measurement and interpretation of geographic data. Optum Serve will incorporate ArcGIS into its tech stack in 2024
- Healthcare industry experience, ideally with claims data and case management data
- Experience with geospatial measurement software such as ArcGIS
- Experience with a programming language such as Python
- Experience using data engineering software such as Alteryx or SSIS
- Ability to obtain government security clearance
- All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $88,000 to $173,200 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.