Title: Data Engineer, Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
The Data Engineer supports the Information Technology team through a wide range of data-related activities, including developing customer data related business cases in concert with relevant lines of the business. This position also oversees recurring data routines and ensures that defined quality and performance metrics are continually met, troubleshooting any issues. The Data Engineer serves as a lead technical resource in coordination with external vendors and consultants.Job Duties
- Assist with ETL processes to ensure data accuracy and timeliness.
- Contribute to data quality checks, validation, and monitoring to ensure high data accuracy.
- Create and maintain clear and up-to-date documentation of data processes and solutions.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models, and proof of concepts.
- Collaborate with data architects and IT team members on project goals.
- Develop and implement set processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production.
- Troubleshoot data-related issues and ensure optimal performance.
- Assist in the management of vendor relationships.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements and technical specifications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Experience: 5+ years related work experience as a Data Engineer
Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills
Technology: Microsoft Suite; proficiency in SQL, Python, Java, or Scala and experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka; strong familiarity with data management frameworks, data lakes, data warehouses, and databasesRequirements
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Translate technical concepts clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Well organized, highly motivated, and exceptional time management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Manage relevant vendor and consultant relationships.
Powered by JazzHR