Data, Analytics & StrategyJob Description:
We are looking for a dedicated and creative Data Scientist interested in building, defining and pushing the boundaries of game analytics and A/B test analysis for Farm Heroes Saga! You’ll have a shown ability to apply your skills, be it technical, behavioural or economic, in order to generate value for the product you’re working on. You’ll help us to further understand, segment and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts.
We're hiring in Stockholm, Barcelona, London, Dublin and Malmö!Specifically, you'll...
In the role as Data Scientist in In-App Purchases and Ads area, you will work closely with other data scientists, project managers, designers and developers to scope and design tests related to game monetisation as well as to identify potential opportunities (e.g. generating ideas to improve game economy, analyzing player behavior etc). We are looking for someone who enjoys challenges within different areas, fast paced working environment and having a direct impact on the players and the game.
As well as being a communicative role, you will also design, monitor, analyse and communicate results for A/B tests, and proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data-driven tools to help the business evolve and seize new opportunities.
Skills To Create The Thrills
- Design, set up and conduct analysis of A/B tests as well as general analysis of player base, player behavior and game economy,
- Communicate, visualise and report your findings in a clear and unambiguous way to people with a diverse set of backgrounds and degrees of numerical proficiency,
- Provide a business analytical perspective to discussions and help to drive the priorities within your game,
- Ensure that the data required to understand how our players interact with the game is available and reliable,
- Create and maintain dashboards to be used in day-to-day activities of the area,
- Be self-motivated to learn and support the technical development of the team, and help evolve the methodology and tools available to King’s data science community,
- Be able to systematically break complex and abstract problems into solvable questions.
- Business Insight; The ability to identify the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the most appropriate data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Stakeholder Management; The ability to recognize dependencies, form relationships and influence others
- Designing good ways of presenting, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- SQL: The ability to write efficient SQL queries to extract relevant data from our databases with 300+ million players
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R or Python for analytical purposes
- Stats: Understanding the basics of appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques (randomized controlled trials, statistical tests, distributions etc)
- Familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (e.g., BigQuery/AWS/Hadoop)
- Standard reporting tools such as Looker/Tableau/etc.
- Experience in creating dashboards to be used in day-to-day business activities (Streamlit, Shiny)
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Experience in the games industry or customer-facing digital businesses
- Experience in behavioural psychology/economics and experimental design, and game theory.
- Working knowledge of randomised controlled trials (ex: social science research, medical research, biostatistics, policy research etc.) or digital A/B testing and online controlled experiments
- Familiar with collaborative programming (git is a must) and highly skilled in R or Python
- Software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.About King
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com