Career CategoryCollege JobJob Description
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern – Digital Technology & Innovation (Summer 2024)Live
This could be your everyday
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience needed to become a professional in your chosen field. There are four different opportunities within Amgen’s Digital Technology & Innovation Organization.Responsibilities
Grad Intern - Data Engineer -
This role requires working closely with product owner/Product Architect and various functional teams to understand the data requirements and implementing data engineering solutions. This position is responsible for design and development of data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to Enterprise Data Lake. Responsibilities could include:
- Collaborating with lead Architects, Business SMEs and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipelines and supporting infrastructure
- Building new infrastructure and analytics tools using Python, SQL and AWS
- Proactively identifying & implement opportunities to automate tasks and develop reusable frameworks; participating in efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions and services
Here’s What It Takes To Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek is exemplifies the following qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Master’s program for a
- Master’s internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR
- Master’s OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- In the process of completing the first year of a Master’s program with concentration in Information Technology, Computer Science (e.g., CS, CPE, SE), Engineering, Business, or related field
- Graduating within 12 months of internship’s completion
- 1 or more years relevant work experience
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or health care industry experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong interpersonal, project management, analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficient in one of the coding languages (Python, Java, Scala, SQL)
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adapability and resourcefulness
- Ability to effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with both internal and external customers
- Coursework in one or more of the following areas:
- Business Systems analysis, Lean, Agile (SCRUM) and other SDLC processes, Software Development, Database Modeling, Web Design and Development, IT Management, Management of Cloud based application, B2B Collaboration, Enterprise systems such as configuration and management of ERP, CRM systems
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As We Work To Develop Treatments That Take Care Of Others, We Also Work To Care For Our Teammates’ Professional And Personal Growth In Addition To Their Well-being
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $26.30 - $40.00.
Apply nowfor an internship/co-op that defies imagination
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Please search for Keyword R-182435
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.Salary Range