TITLE: Data Engineer
Seeking an experienced Data Engineer with a proven record of developing advanced reporting data models on complex, disparate systems, preferably in a Big Data warehouse environment.
The candidate will be a member of a team developing and evolving an internal business intelligence infrastructure for large online media store. The data models developed by this team
will supply information to engineering, business operations, and external content providers
regarding status of online media, including incoming and outgoing volume, workflow status, and availability status.
- The specific responsibilities of the Data Engineer position include, but are not limited to, the development and deployment of data models and reports that provide business intelligence
to engineering and operations groups.
- Investigation, profiling, and resolution of performance bottlenecks attendant to usage of the databases, either when loading or extracting. This will likely involve interaction with key
users to ensure that performance is suited to their particular needs.
- Implementation of extracts and reports from the production databases, in support of repeated, periodic, automated requests, as well as ad-hoc requests as needed by key
- Development of data models using Oracle and HDFS that summarize complex data into usable, digestible datasets, dashboards, and reports.
- Strong experience writingSpark SQL
- Strong experience with Hadoop/HDFS
- Experience with SQL and Oracle
- Experience with writing Oracle PLSQL
- Familiar with job scheduling systems for orchestrating data pipelines
- Experience writing shell scripts
- Skilled in advanced SQL performance tuning, particularly involving complex PLSQL
development, capable of re-writing SQL to reduce execution time.
- Strong understanding of distributed transactions between Oracle databases.
Sql, Spark, Hadoop, Data warehouse
Additional Skills & Qualifications
Currently movng data from a large Oracle Database to a Datalake built on Hadoop/HDFS and Data Pipelines. Need help converting oracle reports to run properly in new datalake.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.