About The Role
Join BOQ Group in the permanent full-time opportunity of Financial Crime Systems Data Analyst, based in our Newstead Head Office!
This role provides analytical support for complex financial crime investigations (combining fraud and AML) and critical projects, which plays an important part in overseeing system integration and data strategy for our Financial Crimes function.Key responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support for complex financial crime investigations and critical projects
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of Financial Crime Operations detection systems and data environment
- Track, manage and assess issues using data analytics, and supporting issue resolution
- Produce data analytics deliverables in relation to Financial Crime Operations, including exploratory data analytics, and bespoke management information reporting
- Contribute to the development, review and update of process and system documentation
- Contribute to the design of technical data mapping from source to target including transformation rules
- Contribute to data governance processes and procedures, including business rule definition and documentation
- Liaise with both operational and technology functions across the BOQ Group where required to complete inquiries
- Adhere to internal policies/procedures
- Keep abreast of new technologies in relation to data analytics, emerging ML/TF trends, emerging fraud/scam issues
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally 3+ years working in a financial services institution in the area of financial crime risk data analysis
- Experience with relevant systems & programming languages (SAS EG, SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, VBA, Power BI), strong SQL skills are essential
- Experience implementing and/or supporting financial crime risk systems for example NetReveal on Demand and/or Safer Payments – for transaction monitoring, screening and case management, and/or AUSTRAC regulatory reporting. Including understanding of data feeds, rule sets, platform tuning, customer, account and transaction data types
- Experience working in a digital banking environment
- Experience in fraud/AML and data infrastructure design and development
Bank of Queensland Group is a truly unique group of challenger brands with a purpose – to provide a genuine alternative to Australian financial services for customers and employees.
Our family of brands (Bank of Queensland (BOQ), ME Bank, Virgin Money Australia, BOQ Specialist), each come with their own defined customer audience and brand personality, but share one goal – to build social capital through banking. That’s creating trust with customers, exploring staff potential and believing that tiny gestures and big ideas can change the world for communities.
BOQ Group’s inclusive vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
Since 2021 BOQ Group is recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA).
In 2023, we successfully implemented an innovative Reconciliation Plan, driving positive change and promoting inclusivity across the BOQ group.Our Perks
How To Apply
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- Discounted private health insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to employee network groups focused on First Nations Reconciliation, LGBTQIA+, Multicultural, Gender, Early Careers and accessibility
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, gender and expressions, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities. When you apply, you are welcome to tell us the pronouns you use and please let us know any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.Please no agency applications.