Who We Are Looking For
Corporate Audit Data Analytics and Innovation Team is vital to Corporate Audit and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data, risk and assurance insights to the Audit Department and Audit Stakeholders. We’re driving Corporate Audit’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence, robotics process automation, and visualizations. We are looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation Corporate Audit function.
The Data Engineer is a unique opportunity to get exposure to key data sources across different business lines in a large financial institution. The role will help to design and develop multiple data pipelines for Corporate Audit function. The individual will be required to have a proven track record in supporting development of data platform that span across different business lines. This individual should have the ability to quickly get a solid understanding of existing and future State Street business, application and infrastructure environment and be able to apply new methods to enable data driven culture in Corporate Audit function.Why this role is important to us?
As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Function, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300+ professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for!Your new role
Within Corporate Audit, our Data Analytics and Innovation Team collaborates with various stakeholders to manage project delivery and lead teams of data analytics resources in all aspects of design and delivery of data solutions. Data Analytics team is embedded into the audit function and assists in leveraging data as an asset throughout the audit lifecycle.As a Corporate Audit Data Engineer, You Will
Experience And Education
- Define data and transformation requirements for AI, ML, and data visualization to enable Continuous Risk Monitoring, Auditing and tracking key performance / risk indicators for Corporate Audit department;
- Onboard and enable end to end automation of key data feeds and pipeline across the bank related to risk and control by communicating with IT partners, data analysts, scientists and other stakeholders;
- Participate in various agile sessions with IT, document the requirements on JIRA and provide clarification on the requirements;
- Monitor data quality and support changes to existing data feeds, transformation logic in addition to maintaining data source connections in Tableau and other relevant solutions/platforms;
- Strengthen best practices around data governance and develop expertise in the company’s data domains.
What qualifications and skills we value
Skills And Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field;
- 5-7 years of proven experience in creating cloud based data platform such as Databricks or Snowflake is required;
- Experience and ability to query, acquire and automate structured and unstructured data is required.
- Relevant work experience at a financial services company and/or experience working in Risk/Control function is a plus;
What We Offer
- Advanced SQL and Python scripting is required;
- Experience with cloud based analytic platforms such as AWS/ Azure + Databricks/Snowflake is required;
- Experience with agile development methodology is required;
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence, automation such as text mining, machine learning and data visualization is a plus;
- Strong curious, analytical mindset, project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple / concurrent projects;
- Advanced command of English; strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
About State Street
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshop, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice.
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathways
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Job ID: R-744333