We are scaling up our Data Science team with a senior data scientist: With an abundance of data and a wide range of possible applications within this e-commerce travel company, there is an abundance of interesting projects to work on!
Do you love to develop large scale automated Machine Learning models with business impact, coach your team members and communicate with business stakeholders? If this sounds like you, then keep on reading.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step becoming part of the Trip.com Group family, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix currently operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes natural to us. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips’ which goes for both our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, and an innovative platform to deliver the best end-to-end booking experience for our customers.
Make your career at Travix
At Travix, everyone is welcome. Our global team has over 40 different nationalities, and we embrace everyone’s authenticity. We have proven to grow people internally, we are proud of our passionate company culture, and we love to dream big. Ever since our company was founded, our aim has been to create a work environment where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company. More now than ever, we are at a pivotal moment in our company’s existence: where we are preparing for when the world is ready to travel again. With cutting-edge technology, strong partnerships, a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of travelling.
To accelerate this momentum, we're looking to grow our team. If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, then there is plenty of room here at Travix.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work as part of a scrum data science team to build products and services on Travix's technology platform. You will be responsible for development of automated (Machine Learning) solutions and ad hoc analysis to provide the business with actionable insights.
You’re familiar with best practices and approaches for exploratory analysis, model development and deployment (MLOps). Furthermore, you are a pragmatic problem solver, and you enjoy working in an environment that will encourage creative thinking and an environment of innovation.
You are a team player that enjoys collaborating with and coaching other team members.
You are business-savvy and curious to understand our complex business model. You are proactive in communicating with business stakeholders to make sure we are solving the right problem and keep them updated about our progress. You have basic project management skills to make sure our projects are progressing as planned.
You have the technical skills to develop automated solutions. We have a state-of-the-art technology platform that runs completely in the cloud (GCP). We work closely together with our data engineering team and other engineering teams. The main technologies that we use as a data science team are: Python, GitHub, Airflow, BigQuery, GCP, Kubernetes, Feast, MLflow, Yatai.
To learn more about the team, check out this blog post: https://www.travix.com/blogs/data-science-travix/
- Defining, developing and maintaining (automated) Data Science solutions
- Performing (ad-hoc) analysis to provide actionable insights and elaborate new initiatives
- Project management & stakeholder communication
- Collaborating with and coaching team members.
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years of experience in a professional data science position, including production level ML solutions.
- Master in AI, Data Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, Business Analytics or a comparable study.
- Analytical and conceptual thinker with excellent understanding and experience with common data science techniques like supervised/unsupervised machine learning, model cross validation, time-series analysis. And a high level of mathematical competence and proficiency in statistics.
- Advanced Python experience, including the basic libraries for data science (e.g. Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, LightGBM).
- Good SQL skills. BigQuery experience is a pro.
- Solid interpersonal and collaborative skills to interact with different stakeholders and coach team members: project management, stakeholder communication, business savviness
- Experiences with technology and best practices related to deployment of machine learning models in production. Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Airflow, Kubernetes and/or GitHub is a pro
- Fluent English
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment
- Free fruit, company bar (free beer!), team drinks and company events.
Ready to start your own Travix journey?
Think you have what it takes? Then, we would love to hear from you.