Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?The role
As the Business Data Analyst, you enable the Supply Chain department to make data-driven decisions on strategic, tactical and operations level. Using integrated data sets, you deliver standard and ad-hoc reports which provide crucial insights. You will also initiate process optimization actions within the business applications. And by establishing a collaborative relation with the IT Department, you ensure optimal support of our diverse and complex data sets and applications is provided.Key Accountabilities
As the Business Data Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
Skills & experience
- Document all requirements and specifications related the processes, data sets and applications in close collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Identify trends to support in making data driven recommendations and decisions by analysing, reviewing and evaluating data, processes, and cost structures.
- Create insightful ad-hoc reports from combined data sets to identify opportunities for cost reduction and workflow optimizations.
- Contribute to risk assessments and the development of mitigation strategies related to the supply chain processes.
- Function as liaison between the Supply Chain department and IT department to ensure smooth interaction and alignment with business objectives.
- Contribute to organizational changes by assisting with the implementation of new systems, processes, or technologies.
- Staying updated on innovative technologies with IT department and advise on initiatives to enhance the efficiency of the Supply Chain department.
To excel as the Business Data Analyst, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
What we offer
- Bachelor or Master degree in business IT and Management or other relevant study.
- At least two years of relevant experience in working with supply chain applications, tools, and business analytics software tools like Power BI.
- Expertise in a variety of commonly used supply chain tools and practices and able to create detailed reports and present findings effectively.
- Solid knowledge of processes, tools, and methods for analysing businesses.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Business Data Analyst, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
For more information about the vacancy or Damen Naval, please visit the Damen Naval website, the rds=&sort=recent>Damen Naval Career website or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.