As a Cloud Data Engineer, you’ll bring your skills in working with large data sets to cloud finance's complex, dynamic, and exciting world. You will join a highly collaborative group that focuses on shaping the strategy and impact of the technologies we use in our product infrastructure. This is an advantageous position where you’ll be able to see an immediate impact to your contributions.
Our team consists of individuals with various backgrounds, from finance to operations to engineering. We use our collection of knowledge and experiences to enable engineering teams to build short-to-long-term views of our infrastructure and help translate these plans to other Zendesk organizations, including the Finance and strategy team(s). This allows the organization to assess operations and drive decision-making effectively.
We are building out the reporting and analytics needed to generate deeper-level insights on our products and infrastructure. To help us with the next phase of our journey, we seek a candidate who can structure, transform, and maintain data to help serve as the central point for our analyses and analytics. We would like to hear more about you if this sounds like an ideal fit!What You Get To Work On
What You Bring To The Role
- Configuring and maintaining cloud spend management tooling, including enhancing reporting and developing new features
- Partnering with teams across the Foundation Engineering and Enterprise Data & Analytics organizations to maintain the data pipeline for our tooling
- Working with product and engineering teams to understand their needs, performance-based insights, and value-added metrics with cost data to enhance our unit economics model.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure data and technologies, with an emphasis on big data (AWS / GCP)
- Experience with cloud spend management tools
- Familiarity with visualization / BI tools
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages an advantage
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with teams locally and globally
- Excitement for problem-solving- framing issues and working through proposed solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Engineering, or related field
The Poland annualized base salary range for this position is zł198,000.00-zł340,000.00. Please note that while the salary range represents the minimum and maximum base salary rate for this position, the actual compensation offered will be based on job related capabilities, applicable experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for bonus, benefits, or related incentives that will be communicated during the offer stage.The Intelligent Heart Of Customer Experience
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences—and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 5,000 employees worldwide are collaborating from kitchen tables, home offices, coworking spaces, and Zendesk workspaces to make one team.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.