Data Scientist - London
We have recently started our journey in the advanced analytics space with substantial unexplored potential in the consumer engagement, supply chain, merchandising and manufacturing business units. We are looking at developing in-house capabilities within personalisation & recommendation, forecasting models, and trend analysis to help us achieve the next level of innovation and customer satisfaction.
As Data Scientist, you will work with our stakeholders worldwide to tackle exciting and challenging problems using machine learning and optimisation techniques. You will ensure we use state-of-the-art techniques to support and automate data-driven decision-making processes.Your key accountabilities will be to:
What is needed to succeed:
- Partner with our stakeholders to identify valuable insights and an in-depth understanding of business cases.
- Work on end-to-end Machine Learning products, from exploration, prototyping, and evaluation to deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of business units, data engineering, data platform and MLOps to identify data and deliver models using the MLOps framework.
Preferred but not must have:
- Academic degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum four years of experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer.
- Fluent in Python and python testing
- Experience with hypothesis testing/experiment design
- Excellent understanding of Data Science fundamentals from ability to explain the rationale behind the modelling process to model deployment, continuous training and monitoring
- Experience in ML systems design, development and deployment using Software Development Lifecycle applied to Machine Learning
- Working knowledge of version control, DevOps and TDD
- Fantastic team player and collaborator.
- Experience with Databricks and pyspark
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch.
- Data science experience working within E-commerce or retail.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
Pandora is the world's largest jewellery brand. The company designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 6,500 points of sale, including more than 2,500 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 32,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED-certified facilities in Thailand. Pandora is committed to leadership in sustainability and will purchase only recycled silver and gold for crafting its jewellery by 2025 and halve greenhouse gas emissions across its value chain by 2030. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 26.5 billion (EUR 3.6 billion) in 2022.
Pandora’s recruitment procedures are designed to be transparent and clear for all candidates. This helps us ensure that applicants are provided with a fair and equal opportunity to demonstrate their competencies and skills by removing blocking factors, possible biases, and risks of discrimination. We encourage everyone applying to our vacancies to refrain from adding identity-related elements such as a photo, marital status and age.What can we offer you?
You will be joining the team at our brand-new London Digital Hub, which is located a stone’s throw from London’s iconic Oxford Street, at the heart of the city. The London Hub is growing at a faster pace than ever, and your role will be part of the first waves of new, exciting talents we are introducing to the team. At the London Hub, we like to keep things flexible – this hybrid role is an example of that, with two days working from the office and three days working from home, so you can choose what works for you.
Our commitment to unforgettable career progression is just the start. We offer a competitive rewards package that is second to none.Our generous benefits package includes:
- A highly competitive salary with regular salary reviews
- Generous bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Choice of lunch on us, delivered to you whenever you are in the office!
- Early finish Fridays (weekends with Pandora start every Friday at 3pm!)
- 55% employee discount
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Buy/sell holiday options
- Celebrate your birthday with a day off to celebrate!
- Pandora Perks: access our exclusive online platform provided by Reward Gateway, where you’ll have access to: Discounts on retail brands, cinema tickets, holidays, gym memberships and more
- Wellness Hub: videos to help you lead a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Programme: a completely confidential, free, counselling phone line open 24/7, all year round
- Recognition programme: celebrate and share achievements with the wider business
- At Pandora we love a party! Especially at Christmas, when you will receive an extra special gift
If you are looking for a new challenge, come and craft the incredible with us!