Senior Data Engineer
What it's like to work at Landmark:
We're a friendly, dynamic and supportive team. We encourage passion, ambition and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. We actively promote involvement in the development and direction of our products and services, as well as finding more efficient ways to work. We also love a good work social and team building events. As well as this we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Free parking
- Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice
- Cycle to Work scheme and Gym Flex scheme
- Internal coaching/mentoring system throughout your time here
- Focus on training and career progression
- Family friendly policies
- Happy to talk about flexible working
This is an exciting senior role in our Data department for an experienced Data Engineer to work on our modern Data platform. We are currently undertaking an ambitious data transformation that will set the future of Data at Landmark as well as changing the property industry.
This is a broad and varied role within our Data Engineering function, and you will be involved in creating data-as-product solutions. This role entails:
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using cloud-based technologies.
- Extend & maintain the Data Warehouse platform that underpins Landmark’s reporting solutions
- Ensuring that the Data Platform adheres to the agreed cost model and budget
- Provide strong thought leadership and lead by example.
The ideal candidate will be able to inspire, lead and mentor others and take them along on the journey. You will also have effective communication skills plus
- Extensive experience in data engineering, in both Cloud & On-prem environments
- Excellent knowledge of data technology, data transformation tools, data governance techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of Quality and Information Security principles.
- Azure experience (configuration/automation/monitoring/security)
- Advanced Database and SQL skills
- Effective communication, ability to explain technical concepts to a range of audiences
- Strong understanding of the principles of data model design and implementation
- Able to provide coaching and training to less experienced members of the team
- Essential skills:
- ETL Tools such as ADF and Databricks
- SQL, Python, PySpark, Spark SQL
- Data warehousing design patterns and implementation
- Highly desirable skills:
- Geospatial data experience
- Azure Data & Delta Lake & Databricks Lakehouse
Landmark Information Group holds a wide portfolio of market leading PropTech businesses that span an incredible range of markets and technology platforms across the sector. With well-known application suites, online services and massive national scale property data as well as premier geospatial datasets we are at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership in the industry.
We deliver award-winning solutions to estate agency, conveyancing, surveying, lender valuations, land asset management, environmental consultancy, and Government markets. This is a chance to join the business as we make major steps forward in leveraging the latest cloud and large-scale technologies to start bringing together the entire market to a unified platform.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.