CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
Our expertise, specialized HPC and digital technologies support advanced and secure cloud-based workflows, expert geoscience data transformation and AI, machine learning and data science services. Today, our HPC supports over 700 users with 300 petaflops of compute power.Job Description
We are looking for talented individuals with fresh perspectives and a deep curiosity to solve challenges to join our team!
As a Machine Learning Engineering Intern at CGG AI Lab, you'll play a key role in advancing algorithms and models in areas such as document processing, satellite imagery analysis, and large language models (LLM).
You will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced engineers and data scientists to solve challenging problems and deliver high-impact solutions. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic attitude towards learning, and the flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction.Location
Successful candidates will join our largest European centre, based in Crawley, a town next to London Gatwick Airport and just outside the M25 with excellent transport links to Central London and the South Coast.Application process
Our aim is to inform every candidate of the result of their initial application within a week of applying and if successful invite them to the next stage which is a technical test and a first interview via MS Teams with a team. Successful candidates will be invited for a final interview with the hiring team, which can be either online or onsite.
Please include a cover letter with your application. Note we do not accept re-applications.Qualifications
Qualifications and Experience
- Pursuing a PhD or MSc in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, or related field.
- Proficient in machine learning and statistics, with hands-on experience in computer vision (CV) or natural language processing (NLP); understanding of large language models (LLM) is a plus.
- Skilled in object-oriented programming using Python.
- Familiar with PyTorch or other machine learning frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Hub, webinar and people profiles on Gradcracker should give you an insight into the working environment at CGG, the projects we work on and some application tips! LinkedIn and the CGG Career pages are also good places to investigate how life at CGG is.What we offer?
We are Flexible
- Hands-on experience in high-impact machine learning projects.
- Mentorship from industry experts.
- A dynamic and inclusive work environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and networking.
- Sponsorship of visas/comprehensive relocation packages
Learning and Development
- Flexible Working – through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap - our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Relaxed dress code policy
At CGG, you will have the space to grow at the pace of your passion and explore the opportunities available to those who dare and deliver.
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs our employees to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own Learning Hub.We Care About The Environment
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.