At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IP’s including one of the most famous game IP’s in the world: Angry Birds! We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations and the mission of the Data and Analytics craft is to turn that raw data into actionable insights.
We are now looking for a Senior Data Analyst
to join our flagship Angry Birds 2 game in the Stockholm studio. Coming into this role, you will build an understanding of the game and different business levers and use that knowledge to build new game features, optimising existing ones, structure vague problem statements in collaboration with stakeholders such as the Game lead, product managers, designers and producers.
The team is located in our studio in the centre of Stockholm and works in a hybrid mode (2-3 days per week onsite). Currently not based in Sweden? No problem at all, we will help you with the relocation and work permit if needed!You will have impact and fun at work by:
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- Bringing an objective perspective and valabel recommendations to all phases of decision making, leveraging your technical skills to mine raw data for valuable information
- Constantly designing and running in-game A/B test experiments, helping the team to find options leading to better game monetization performance and our audience satisfaction
- Creating dashboards and reports to help the game team understand your findings
- Proactively working with data exploration and looking for opportunities to improve gameplay experience
- Working closely with peer Data Analysts, Product Managers and Project Leads to continuously improve how we are interpreting game metrics and making decisions
- Coaching and sharing best practices between colleagues in the data craft and whole game teams
- High proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python or R
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience in product analysis and experiments design including A/B testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation and collaboration skills with proven ability to present data and provide actionable recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Prior experience in mobile games or apps with large audiences will help you to hit the ground running but not a must
- First meeting: You will have a short call with a TA Partner to for you to hear a bit more about the role, and for us to get an initial picture of who you are
- Take home test: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time that will give us a better idea of your technical and analytical skills
- Test deep dive with the team: you will be meeting a panel of peer analysts and a product manager to dive deeper into the task you worked on and for us to learn how it can be to work with you
- Final round: you will be meeting your future manager for us to know what motivates you and how we could support your growth here at Rovio. You will also have a chance to meet senior members from the game team to see how you could add to our working culture and the broader game team
Please apply with your CV in English. We look forward to meeting you!