Are you curious, creative, and love data? Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and using data to drive actionable insights? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of breakthroughs in data and analytics, encouraged to discover, challenged to think bigger, and supported to learn new things personally and professionally?
The Walt Disney Studios seeks an Associate Data Analyst to join the Studio Research & Analytics team.! The Brand Analytics team is a highly visible department that is charged with finding the best methods to understand consumer thoughts, feelings, and behaviors across digital and social channels. They play an integral part in aiding key business decisions for Disney+, Hulu, and Studio brands; including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.
You will join a dynamic group who love movies and television, and are passionate about bringing the consumer voice into studio decision-making every day!
You will play a crucial role in supporting the team’s ability to analyze and interpret data related to our digital and social media efforts through routine content review and metadata application. You will collaborate with a team of Data Analysts to provide valuable insights to drive informed business decisions. This role requires strong attention to detail, proficiency in content management tools, experience with large-volume data sets, and a deep understanding of digital and social media platforms.Responsibilities:
- Review and evaluate content published to the Studio’s network of social channels across Facebook, Instagram, X/Twitter, TikTok and YouTube daily against established reporting guidelines
- Apply comprehensive data labeling to each social post within a content tagging management system, building and using automated functions such as macros when appropriate.
- Liaise with external platform partners to streamline workflows or resolve platform bugs when needed
- Support the brand team in the preparation and execution of insightful digital performance reports for our major Studio brands, crafted to drive short-term and long-term strategic decisions
- Perform quantitative data pulls and analysis for reporting deliverables across various digital channels by tapping into various toolsets
- Develop prototype solutions, including reports and dashboards, to support insights with visualization of sophisticated data sets
- Collaborate with internal teams and communicate performance results in a clear and concise manner to a variety of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Marketing, Psychology, or a related quantitative field or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of experience in data analytics with experience in entertainment, digital marketing, social media, or consumer data
- Familiarity with content management systems or social data visualization tools, e.g. Sprinklr, Netbase, ListenFirst, etc.
- Familiarity with social media analytics provided by Facebook, Instagram, X/Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube
- Familiarity with website analytics tools, e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive, particularly Excel/Sheets and Powerpoint/Slides
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a relentless attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills, with an ability to work rapidly and efficiently in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt communication styles to suit different audiences
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $63,255 to $81,860 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.