Job ID 2315546Location
CHANTILLY, VA, USDate Posted
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required TS/SCI With Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain
NonePotential for Remote Work
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist (Senior Principal)
to provide SETA support to SAIC’s Prime Program, Landmark AOS in Chantilly, VA. Landmark AOS is a large SETA program, supporting the NRO’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
As the Data Scientist (Senior Principal),
you will provide specialized technical and engineering expertise supporting the acquisition of computer vision (machine learning automated target recognition) software services. SAIC’s client is tasked with leading the integration of mission focused tools to foster increased efficiency, automation, and information sharing. You will also assist and advise Government managers responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise.
Job Responsibilities to include
- Provide technical and engineering support to the Government customer to manage computer vision machine learning analytics programs; apply knowledge and experience to develop and scale automatic target recognition models in multiple phenomenologies.
- Provide software architecture and other technical expertise to support the planning of future systems and architectures, and oversight of development contractors
- Apply systems analysis and design methodology assessments to identify technical debt, architectural runway, and efficiency trade-offs against current and proposed/desired cloud-based software system design
- Develop briefings and documentation material to illustrate features, capabilities, and mission use cases for the computer vision tool portfolio, including developing technical roadmaps and the acquisition strategies/documentation to implement them.
- Facilitate technical and programmatic interchanges; identify and resolve issues; and provide engineering and technical advice to the customer to achieve innovative capabilities for automated machine learning analytics
- Work side-by-side with the other LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers, and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, science, or related discipline and 14 years total experience (or a MS degree + 12 years or a PhD + 9 years)
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Strong engineering background with knowledge of software architectures and machine learning approaches for computer vision applications
- Domain knowledge in Agile software development practices and Cloud computing architectures
- Experience in applying modern techniques in artificial intelligence (AI), data science, machine learning (ML), or statistics.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, creative problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong oral and written communications ability on significant technical matters often requiring coordination within a high-tempo environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
Covid Policy SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.