A rare and exciting opportunity has become available for a full-time Data Engineer to join our Technology team in any of our offices in Australia, with the opportunity to work from home.
Who We Are – Viridian Financial Group
Viridian Financial Group is a leading Australian diversified financial services business, 100% owned by staff and clients. The group consists of 400 employees, including 100+ advisors managing $10bn on behalf of private families and for-purpose entities across Australia.
The firm was established in 2015 by a team who understood the power of financial advice to make a profound difference in the lives of Australians. We deliver advice and investment solutions to clients through our highly qualified, experienced and client focused teams and pride ourselves on working to really understand our clients, so we can help them live the life that they choose.
About the Role
The Data Engineer will be responsible for developing and enhance the processing and manipulation of financial management and platform data from various sources and formats into our proprietary systems.
- Develop and enhance existing ETL processes, providing recommendations on improving the current processes.
- Identify and implement data automation opportunities to automate manual processes and reconciliation.
- Analyse and validate data across systems to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Working at Viridian
In 2022, the firm achieved B Corp status with a score of 99.4 and was recognised as one “Best for the World” in the Workers Impact category, placing Viridian in the top 5% score by putting in place exemplary employee-friendly practices, such as ownership opportunities, job flexibility, and fair-chance hiring policies.
You will have access to a range of benefits centered around community and inclusivity:
- Unique and generous leave benefits, such as Birthday Leave, Wellness Day, 13-week’s Primary Careers Leave and the ability to purchase additional Annual Leave.
- Flexible work options with the ability to work from home.
- Participation in our Viridian Team Community Program.
- Discounted Medibank Corporate Health Cover.
- Employee Assistance providing free and confidential counselling services to all employees and their families.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience in a similar role.
- Strong data structure and analysis experience.
- Strong database knowledge and SQL capabilities, including stored procedure skills.
- Strong experience with Python.
- Linux/Unix skills including bash scripting.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve the performance and quality of the data ecosystem.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience in financial planning, funds management or stockbroking industry.
- Experience with Git version control.
We warmly welcome candidates who meet the above points under “knowledge, skills & experience” to apply.
Please note, this position will require a Police Check. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia. This advert will close Friday 8th March 2024 however shortlisting will commence immediately.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage candidates to contact us if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.