Scania GB are looking for someone who is an excellent problem solver to fill the position of Data Engineer. The purpose of this role is to design and develop the Data Warehouse, designing and building data integrations and identifying and integrating new sources of data into the Data Warehouse as required by the business. You will also work as part of the wider BI team to advise on the best technical approach to deliver what the business is asking for.
- Manage and develop the Data Warehouse environment
- Champion technical direction and lead others on the journey of delivering on it
- Development of well-structured modular systems which utilise efficient code that follows our in-house coding standards
- Effective and meaningful documentation of systems to ensure ease of support and modification in the future
- Provision of timely and effective support to existing systems and solutions
- Excellent collaboration with colleagues and internal customers, to ensure that development sprint targets are met and that customer expectations are met
- Collaboration with product experts within ICT and other areas of the business to ensure that a unified approach to data integration is adopted and that project dependencies are identified and managed appropriately
MEET THE MANAGER!
Manos is the Head of IT Development and is looking for someone who is analytical and inquisitive who also has experience working in a data team or a background in data engineering. The role requires you to stay calm in a high-pressure environment and to ‘think on your feet’.
Quote from the manager “Scania is a fun company to work for who supports development within their departments. I am passionate about the journey Scania are taking to gain success through digitalisation”.