Digital & Technology
You'll responsible to capturing and maintaining application test data for the Automation development teams.
- Responsible for providing all the test data needed by the Development and Test factories in our Automation team
- Responsible for validating the Data Identification - Identify the data items needed as per the development test use cases
- Accountable for the mechanics of ensuring the application data is “fetched” or generated and made available for the Dev/Test, UAT and PIT aspects of the development lifecycle
- Ensure most efficient Data Extraction method is utilised- The Data is moved using authorised tools and authoritative sources.
- Ensure that when test data is held in multiple source repositories, a common set of field list is defined with an authoritative source
- Ensure any masking of critical testing data is performed (where required) - PII Data Handling (Production Data Usage) and existing Data regulations (e.g. GDPR) are followed for the production PII data use
- Ensure the process of acquiring the application test data is automated as possible utilising our own Automation toolsets or with test partners using similar technologies.
- Ensure the application data is prepared in advance of development schedules and aligns with the Automation Ways of Working mechanics
- Ensure up to date data is maintained between production systems and applications used in reference and test environments
- Ensure Data quality is acceptable and meets the development and testing needs for which it is intended
- Ensure Data Archiving has been defined and is handled appropriately throughout the development lifecycle and is also made available for future development and testing
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer
and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Microsoft SQL DB (extensive experience at level to be create guidelines)
- Oracle DB (moderate experience)
- ETL + API toolsets (eg: Google Apigee + API WDSL) must have solid experience in multiple tools
- Scripting (extensive experience)
- DevOps abilities and mentality (proven experience)
- Data extract + masking data methodologies (extensive, in use of multiple tools and techniques)
The other stuff we are looking for
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a 2 stage interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
LI - SL1