About The Role
Role Location – RMZ Ecoworld, Bangalore
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Data Engineer to join our Australia Retail data analytics team.
As a Data Engineer
you will be responsible for designing and creating data processing solutions that enable value from analytic models to drive rapid decision making.
A key element of this is driving the data engineering agenda within the Strategic Delivery - Data Portfolio ensuring delivery of best practice end-to-end data engineering respecting ANZ architecture standards. You will challenge inefficient engineering practise in ANZ and influence change in your field to drive better business outcomes.
To this end, in the role you will implement smart and relevant data engineering to drive end to end application delivery and support the uplift of data engineering capability in Strategic Delivery - Data Portfolio while linking into the wider Enterprise Analytics roadmap.What Will Your Day Look Like
What will you bring?
- Data pipelines: Engineer efficient, reliable and scalable data pipelines.
- Market / Industry knowledge: Work on diverse data technologies.
- Problem solving: Address and solve complex business issues using large amounts of data
- Solution design: Have a clear understanding of the end-to-end analytics journey as well as define and deliver the data roadmap.
- Data modelling: Design data structures for data ingestion, integration and analytics layers on a variety of technologies.
- Customer Focus & Team Player: Working in a cross skilled squad with people both from business and technology to build data assets.
- Continuous improvement and change: Contribute to design patterns for on-premises and cloud.
So, why join us?
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience in Data Engineering.
- 1+ experience in data processing and software engineering and can build high quality, scalable data products.
- Software Engineering experience with proficiency in at least two high-level programming language (Python, Java, Scala).
- Experience and proficiency in at least two high-volume data processing environments (Teradata, Starburst, PostgresSQL, Oracle, Cloudera, BigQuery or equivalent).
- Experience with container/orchestration tools Kubernetes.
- Experience in agile environments and development workflows using GIT or similar tools, and CI/CD tools.
- Ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendation.
There’s something special about being part of ANZ. From the moment you join us, you’re part of a team working towards a common goal: improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers. And that’s big.
But it’s not just our customers who will feel your impact. You’ll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you’ll have the resources and community you need to take the next big step in your career, towards even bigger things in the future.
We offer a range of benefits tailored to the countries in which we operate to provide all our people:
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Discounts on selected products and services (from ANZ and beyond)
- Flexible working arrangements, lifestyle leave and career breaks
You’ll also enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com.Job Posting End Date