Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.What will you do?
What will you need to succeed?
- Perform day-to-day task including but not limited to: good receipt, goods receipt reviews, issue credit memos and invoice cancellations. As well as related tasks such as customer rebates
- Assists with internal controls and external audits
- Supports in the preparation of various month-end / quarter-end / year-end financial reports
- Supports in the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and monitor aging items
- Initiates and drives process automation/improvements/efficiency via implementation of data analytics and digitalization programs with a focus on new and existing data models in tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems
- Collects, analyzes, and manages quantitative data and creates meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reduction (for example distributor reporting, margin analysis)
- Supports the preparation of financial statements, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Prepares monthly journal entries, as required
- Ad-hoc requests or special projects as required
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Professional accreditation as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) completed or in process of enrolling is preferred
- 1-2 years of successful experience as a financial analyst and demonstrating the key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Experience managing large amounts of dynamic data and creating meaningful reports using data analytics
- Demonstrate a good grasp of knowledge and principles of accounting and apply through successful completion of assignments
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of accounting
- SAP knowledge and experience required
- Programming, data analytics or Tableau/Knime experience is an asset
- Strong skills in MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-PowerPoint
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Déclaration de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.