Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Regional strives to positively impact the financial lives of our customers.
For over 35 years, our Team Members have been passionate about supporting customers through their financial challenges in life. They take pleasure in finding solutions and lending a helping hand, both to our customers and our communities. As we continue to grow and become a national brand in consumer financing, we hope you’ll consider us for future career opportunities.
If you are looking to make a meaningful impact in people’s lives by bringing a personal touch to finances, join our team today!Job Purpose
Regional Management Corporation (RMC) is seeking a Senior Data Engineer
who will support the design and implementation of a modern data ecosystem that will enable sophisticated business insights and on-demand operational reporting. The Data Engineering group leads the development of our Enterprise Datawarehouse/Data Lakes applications. The right individual will be passionate about data-driven information which will guide and influence key business decisions. This role will partner with the digital product management team as well as internal clients to understand business inquiries, drive requirements, propose solutions and deliver multiple cross-functional projects and integrations between different systems. This is a unique opportunity to build and institutionalize a best-in-class data ecosystem on premise or in the public cloud.
Does leading the engineering which ingests, processes, stores, and analyzes terabytes of interesting consumer data excite you? We’re looking for you! In this role, you’ll be responsible for the development, quality and integrity of the data pipelines which deliver a diverse set of data types to other engineering teams at RMC. In this role you’ll have a large impact on the entire RMC Software Engineering organization and ultimately help RMC improve, build, and deliver the products which consistently delight our users.Key Qualifications
Duties And Responsibilities
- Multiple years of data engineering experience leading and supporting the development and maintenance of applications, tools, and processes. Core technical experience includes Data Integration, Data Management and Data Visualization.
- Experiencing in partnering with data architects in architecting, building, and maintaining complex, multi-component big data systems.
- Strong sense of ownership of the development process and the will to drive the team toward constant code, application, and process improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and social skills - Lead by example to empower and challenge the team to deliver their best.
- Shown ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of quality and integrity.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
The duties and responsibilities could include, but not limited to:
- Serve as the technical expert responsible for the design, and implementation of Enterprise Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence solutions, with complete and accurate information information/data delivery using maintainable, systematic, and automated procedures.
- Establish and maintain data marts where appropriate.
- Establish and define data integration, data validation, data cleansing, and data management practices.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Establish Service Level Agreement as needed and gather operational metrics and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Document & maintain application recovery procedure for a disaster recovery event.
- 7+ years as a lead data engineer in developing & managing data pipelines using ETL/ELT tools and data visualization using business intelligence tools.
- Hands-on Technologist - Experience developing solutions involving data lakes and/or data warehouse on Snowflake/AWS DataBricks/Amazon RedShift using tools such as SSIS, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, Matillion, DBT, FiveTran
- Experience working with a virtual team that works across multiple time zones.
- Prior experience in Consumer Lending Industry
- Certifications such as SnowPro Core/Advanced, AWS Solution Architect.
Regional is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniform service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (“Protected Characteristics”). Regional’s policy of non-discrimination applies to all phases of the employment process and relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions and opportunities; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoff; and terminations.