Emerald is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Elastic group as part of the Data Engineering Team. The Data Engineering Team focuses on the software and data engineering related to the consuming and processing of ecommerce domain data into timely, trustworthy, accessible, and meaningful analytics schemas for the business to use to understand key metrics and perform analytics.
We reduce data redundancy by creating systems and datasets that serve as domain data products. We enable discovery and governance of our data, and we support key business goals. Specifically, we are growing our e-commerce customer base, understanding how customers use products, and enable data-driven growth and retention strategies.
To thrive in this role, you are excited about data and motivated to learn new technologies. You are comfortable collaborating with engineers from other teams, product owners, business teams, data analysts and data scientists. You own and shape your technical domain area and move the related business goals forward. You are eager to resolve upstream data issues at the source instead of applying workarounds. You analyze and test changes to our data architectures and processes and determine what the possible downstream effects and potential impacts to data consumers will be.
This position can be performed remotely, or from any of our Emerald office locations.
- Overall delivery of the cloud data platform as well as its transformation efforts
- Contributions to the development and execution of the overall technical strategy
- Modernizing and simplify data pipelines and datasets by utilizing by industry best practices and advanced techniques
- Automating tasks such as end-to-end testing and report generation
- Proven experience working with large scale data warehousing, dimensional modelling, modern data architectures (data lake, delta lake) & BI. Experience with data bricks products is required
- Proven experience in Big Data technologies, Python & Apache Spark ecosystem or with Databricks products in designing streaming, self-healing & scalable ELT data pipelines
- Strong SQL background, Data Modeling, deep understanding of current cloud offerings (AWS preferred) and the ability to build effective data-as-a-service code. Experience with document databases (e.g., mongo dB) a plus
- Proven experience writing quality code for backend API’s and adept in software engineering practices
- Programming experience in a relevant language, e.g. Python, Java
- Proven experience working with cloud platforms like GCP or AW
Additional preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in B2B ecommerce a big plus
- Experience designing, maintaining, and monitoring an enterprise-wide data platform
- Experience with workflow automation tools like airflow, etc
- Experience with distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Knowledge/Experience in machine learning and statistics
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $110,000-$130,000 (Bonus Eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at Careers@EmeraldX.com.