Commensurate with education and experience.Supervisory Organization:
Sr Mgr Software Engineer -Data AnalyticsLocation:
03 - Technician (EEO-4-United States of America), 3A - Technicians (EEO-SubCategory)General Summary:
This position is responsible for enterprise level data analysis and support reporting solutions across the Agency, including gathering requirements, understanding data themes and data structures, translating business requirements into visual mockups. Areas of responsibility include extracting data from source systems, data discovery, analyzing data sets, and working on data visualization using Enterprise reporting tools such as Tableau and Cognos. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy with end users and groups to determine reporting requirements and communicate requirements effectively to staff and contractors involved in report solution provisioning. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgement in accordance with Agency Security and Data Governance principles and concepts.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs data discovery and analyzes enterprise data sets
- Perform data validation and quality assurance analysis within large datasets.
- Gathers business requirements for new reports and modifications to existing report, and develops project charters, translates requirements into features and user stories
- Works on data visualization mockups and conducts design studios and design critiques
- Coordinates with business users and other technology department associate s and effectively communicate requirements to the staff and contractors in the team
- Analyze report access problems and resolve incidents and service requests associated with the Agency reporting environment to determine cause and recommend solutions, follow through as directed by management.
- Perform report product reviews, and work with business for demos, and project acceptance Document and maintain report inventory and access, and process SOPs.
- Document system configurations and prepare end to end data flow diagrams following data classification standards, disaster recovery plans. Adheres to ITIL guidelines and industry best practices.
- Adheres to all tenets of DART Data Governance and ensures that end user analysts do the same.
- Assists in complex enterprise systems environment and application upgrades and installs critical patches as needed.
- Coordinates and track patch promotion from test to production environments and adheres to IT Change Management processes
- Provides and participates in executing test cases for regression testing any changes that are made to the system.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources and reorganizing that data into a format that can be easily read by either humans or machines. Using statistical tools to interpret complex data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Monitor the data warehouse ETL process and accuracy and timeliness of data in the warehouse for all reporting environments.
- Responsible for customer (external) and client (internal) support services as they relate to data fidelity, availability, and reporting environments.
- Provides 5-star customer service and meet Agency service level agreements (SLA).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Statistics, Math, or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in data analysis and reporting using data querying tools, or related role.
- Basic SQL querying abilities from databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL is preferred.
- Has basic knowledge and proficiency with databases, spreadsheets, data manipulation, analyzing data sets and adherence to data governance and data lifecycle standards.
- Pass a physical (medical) examination that includes a drug screen in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Proficiency of PC software applications to include Microsoft Office or other related software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with the public, coworkers, management, and DART Board.
- Must be able to perform work from remote locations as needed.
- Must be able to work variable hours, to include emergency response to outages.
- Must be able to work in an on-call rotation.
- Must maintain all certification(s) required for this position.
- Ability to pick up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/VPosting End Date: