Sr. Python Developer/Data Engineer
Index Analytics, LLC. is a rapidly growing Baltimore-based small business providing health care consulting services to the federal government. At the center of our company culture is a commitment to instilling a dynamic and employee-friendly place to work. We place a priority on promoting a supportive and collegial team environment and enhancing staff’s experience through career development and educational opportunities. In a recent employee satisfaction survey, nearly 100% employees would highly recommend employment with Index to their friends and professional network.
The team that we are hiring for supports an organization focused on detecting fraud, waste, and abuse in healthcare. The customer is very mission-focused, technically knowledgeable, and supportive. The data analytics platforms developed by the team at Index will directly influence health outcomes for Americans and inform health policy decisions.Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of a bespoke, full-stack data analytics solution for a government client.
- Lead a team of data engineers and developers in establishing and maintaining Python best practices throughout the development life cycle.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Python development.
- Build and maintain a Python environment.
- Identify and resolve integration challenges.
- Lead in the designing of solutions that support business requirements.
- Present solutions to and collaborate with the government customer.
- Recommend and implement industry standards.
- Manage self-directed assignments.
- Collaborate with a team of cross-functional resources in an Agile delivery environment.
- Must be a US citizen or Authorized to Work in US and must have lived in the US for 3 of the last 5 years.
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and obtain Public Trust (High Sensitivity) security clearance.
- Expert level knowledge of Python and how to use it, especially for data engineering, in a complex, multi-team environment, as normally acquired through at least 7 years of hands-on work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related technical field is a plus.
- Extensive experience improving Python and Data Engineering skills for engineers and analysts that may not be familiar with these disciplines.
- Proven track record of data engineering, including designing, building, and maintaining high-performance data pipelines in production environments that support data analytics communities.
- Experience contributing to full stack development.
- Experience developing in an Agile environment.
- Experience building cloud-native data solutions using AWS services.
- Experience with AWS, Lambda, Redis, SQS messaging queues, Athena, IM based roles and permissions and AWS API gateways.
- Experience with Python visualization tools such as Matlib, Plotly.
- An understanding of React and web frameworks.
- Strong understanding of SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Certifications
- Experience with Healthcare administrative claims or investigative data is strongly preferred.
- AWS Certifications such as DevOps Engineer Professional, AWS Solution Architect Professional, and AWS Security Specialty.
- A working knowledge of NIST 800-54 security controls and how to apply them in a government cloud environment is helpful. Security certifications such as CISSP or CISA are also helpful.
- Experience using data to identify fraud, waste, and abuse is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with large data frameworks such as Snowflake.
- Knowledge of software engineering AWS CI/CD processes and experience with automated testing pipelines
- Experience with generative modelling.
Index Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.