As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.Your Role and Responsibilities
Who You Are
- Data Science Consultants are adept across data science techniques using open source tools to solve varied use cases for our clients
- They work to build strong, enduring relationships with client staff based on innovation, trust and service excellence.
- They are accountable for successful delivery of complex data science engagements adhering to client’s requirements and timelines
- They learn constantly and lead adoption of emerging technologies and approaches in their processes benefiting the client & IBM overall.
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- BTech (with 8+ years of relevant experience) or Masters (with 6+ years of relevant experience) in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ Econometrics, Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics or similar highly quantitative field
- Strong ability to transform business requirements into data science formulations and implement the solutions in an efficient and scalable fashion
- Sound understanding of data science concepts, model development & performance tuning processes as well as coding, version control and CI/CD best practices
- Demonstrated extensive experience in building and deploying production quality models in a live digital environment using data pipelines and ML Ops frameworks including handling model drift, retraining and version control lifecycle
- Highly skilled in Python and various data science related libraries of Python including TensorFlow, Keras, Sci-Kit Lean, Pandas, Numpy and PySpark
- Experience in Convolutional Neural Network / Computer Vision projects using TensorFlow, PyTorch and leveraging public / open-source libraries (VGG16, ImageNet, YOLO, OpenCV, etc) as well as ability to tweak, modify these CNN architectures when required for a specific business problem.
- Demonstrated ability of scoping, executing and scaling multiple data science deliverables on their own
- Must have worked in developing and deploying models using more than one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM)
- Ability to handle multiple projects as an individual contributor and as a lead / mentor to other team members managed directly or indirectly on a project / assignment
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills including ability to interact and present to senior stakeholders
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date and proof of vaccination status will be required before your start date. During the Onboarding process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status, in case you are unable to get vaccinated for any reason, you can let us know at that stage. Please let us know if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons. IBM will consider such requests on a case by case basis subject to submission of required proof by the candidate before a stipulated date.Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.Location Statement
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.