Sr. Data Analyst
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data scientists, engineers and analysts. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions.
A role with Marketing Analytics Team means being a part of the team that works closely with the business and identifies problems / opportunities for improved decision-making through better data analysis. This covers the whole gamut from simple descriptive analysis to more complex predictive and prescriptive analytics. The emphasis is on actionable insights, which is possible through a combination of technical skills and business understanding. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work closely with business teams and understand their priorities/roadmap. Based on this understanding, you are expected to identify appropriate metrics that will drive the right decisions for the business, and then build reporting solutions to deliver these metrics at the required frequency in an optimal and reliable fashion. You will also answer ad-hoc questions from your business users by conducting quick analysis on relevant data, identify trends and correlations, and form hypotheses to explain the observations. Some of these will lead to bigger analytical projects of increasing complexity, where you will work initially as a part of a bigger team, but also work independently as you gain more experience. Finally, you are expected to always adhere to project schedule and technical rigor as well as requirements for documentation, code versioning, etc.Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About You
- B.Tech / B.E. or equivalent experience
- 4 + years of relevant experience
- “Hands-on” experience in analytics / data science
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience in Marketing/Customer/Loyalty analytics is preferable
- Exposure to R, Python, Hive, or other open source languages preferable
- Big data experience preferable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain complex analytical methodologies to clients regardless of the clients technical expertise
- Understanding of foundational mathematics and statistics
- Conceptual understanding of analytical techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic
- Regression, Time-series models, Classification Techniques, etc.