Senior Governance Data Engineer, Supply Chain and Operations Analytics
Multiple locations: Slough/London-UK, Veghel-NL
Mars Inc is undergoing a significant Digital Transformation journey. Our ability to solve the most critical problems across Mars in a User Centric way through Data & Analytics is fundamental to our Digital Engine and transformation. The opportunities are significant for Mars, and the opportunities for those working in this space are both hugely exciting and rewarding. Connecting and deriving break-through insight from our Mars Snacking data ecosystems, leveraging the rapidly growing world of external data to get closer to our customers and consumers than ever before, and unlocking efficiencies and automation in our End-to-end Supply Chain operations are just some of our big focus areas.
Building on this momentum, we are recruiting an experienced Senior Governance Data Engineer to drive innovation, design and development for Data Mesh delivery and adoption within our organization in a transformational role
. You are a part of the Data Engineering capability, working alongside teams of Data Scientists, and Delivery Managers, to design data frameworks and services which drive efficiency and quality across Mars Snacking’s end-to-end Supply Chain function.
This transformational role
aims to support a 36-month transformative program and will be focused primarily on the reinvention and enhancement of the digital acceleration effort ongoing at Mars. This role has a strong potential to transition into a permanent Mars role prior to the conclusion of the transformation period, where appropriate.The Role:
- Lead the charge in establishing new ideas, governance, methodologies, and best practices in Data Engineering and analytics within Supply Chain Data & Analytics, with a focus on driving transformative change.
- Engage and collaborate with our Chief Data Office and Data Stewards community across Mars to drive data quality, metadata.
- Ensure data improvement plans are in place to support effective governance, by democratizing and maintaining coherent Data Models.
- Own the design, build and execution of Data Frameworks for managing, governing, and improving the data quality of our Data Mesh assets, Data Catalogue and overall metadata management.
- Evangelise the adoption of data driven decisions across Mars by leading the development of advanced analytical tools that utilize the vast amounts of data available to the company within the appropriate governance frameworks.
- Establishes credibility with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. Facilitates and influences complex or ambiguous business discussions, while flexing to communicate Data Engineering related possibilities and concepts in a relatable way.
Within this team, you will:
- You are a strong software engineer with deep expertise in cutting-edge technologies, robust design, development and testing of high quality and scalable data solutions.
- Your deep expertise in data analytics, as well as strong practical experience with modern engineering technologies, standards and frameworks will enable you and the team to intelligently transform data into value, while creating robust and standardised capabilities.
- You will work on Data Engineering projects in collaboration with other team members (including with offshore talent partners) to ensure rapid development of robust, scalable consistent and sustainable data solutions, with global best practices.
- Own the design and technical roadmap for the evolution of our Data Mesh product to enable continuous adoption of Mesh assets into the organisation.
- Day-to-day you will work in multidisciplinary teams & collaborate with Mars Chief Data organisation, Mars Global Analytics, Big Data Engineering, and Advanced ML teams.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Create and implement Data Catalogue and underpinning Governance processes to allow users to access data in a standard approach as well as supporting discovery, prototyping and data science, which can subsequently be turned into enterprise solutions.
- Implement the Data Quality Management standards and frameworks within the organisation through profiling, rules implementation, monitoring, alerting and resolution whilst being able to measure improvements in quality and identify the value that it delivers to the business teams.
- Elevate overall data management maturity within the e2e supply chain organisation.
- Understand complex business processes and combine your business acumen, problem solving skills, and curiosity to identify value-add opportunities for the applications of Data Engineering.
- Present results in a cohesive, intuitive, and concise manner that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics or related quantitative fields (Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Econometrics etc.) Advanced degree is preferred.
- Preferred – Post-graduate qualifications in Computer Science, Data Engineering or professional qualifications in Advanced Data Design, Big Data.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an Applied Data Engineering role or equivalent, ideally within the FMCG, Consumer Products, Insurance or Financial Services industries.
- Technical expertise in Big Data Tech Stack and experience in database and data Engineering capabilities
- Experience with Azure cloud-based computing platform.
- Experience using Azure Data factory, Databricks, Azure Functions, Logic Apps , Power BI and Synapse technologies across traditional and contemporary databases (e.g. SQL Server, Hadoop, NoSQL DB), programming languages such as SQL, C#, Python and visualization tools
- Experience using Azure DevOps for CI/CD, unit testing, and AGILE development.
- Experienced with implementation and being the consumer of a Data Cataloguing capability, such as Alation, Collibra, MSFT Purview or other.
- Understanding of design and development of data stores, digital solutions and data warehouses and associated toolsets.
- Strong problem solving, communication, presentation, and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Planning, project management and organizational orchestration skills and a strong attention to detail
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.