Fortescue is both a proud West Australian company and a global green solutions business. We are recognised for our culture, innovation and industry-leading development of infrastructure, mining assets and green energy initiatives.Our Opportunity
Perth based (Redcliffe/Hazelmere)Roster:
Monday to Friday
In support of Fortescue’s strong focus on green energy and our carbon neutrality targets, one of our key initiatives will be in our Heavy Industry projects whereby we will develop and test a range of technologies to power our mining fleet and rail locomotives.
Based out our new Redcliffe and Hazelmere R&D facilities and reporting to the Heavy Industry Principal Embedded Systems, we are presently looking for an experienced Data Engineer.Key Responsibilities
Qualifications And Experience
- Work on cutting edge technology on mobile heavy mining equipment and railway equipment with the project team and a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Responsible for test data management and data offloading pipeline for all Green Fleet projects
- Develop standards for data signal naming and set correct naming and grouping across the whole data pipeline from onboard data logger to offboard database
- Design efficient database architecture and the best way to store large datasets
- Manage big data in various databases (i.e. AWS S3, Snowflake, SQL, InfluxDB) and ensure data are available to all consumers
- Create standard workflow and documentations for setting up data software and platform
- Manage data logging software and specialised test data logger
- Work in close conjunction with Fortescue Technology and Automation teams across the business and ensure architecture design is aligned with the wider business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software / Network Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in design and delivery of complex data warehousing and data management field
- Experience with writing and optimising SQL queries is essential
- Experience with MQTT protocol (Sparkplug B) is essential
- Experience with Python, Java and .Net framework is highly advantageous
- Experience with Confluence, Jira and GitHub for issue tracking and version control workflow is highly advantageous
- Experience with industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, OPC-UA, CAN bus) is highly advantageous
- Experience with AWS, Azure cloud platform and Snowflake cloud data platform is highly advantageous
- Experience with report dashboard development (i.e. Tableau and Power BI) is highly advantageous
- Knowledge of network, server and cyber security best practices is highly advantageous
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and communications skills
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders and in multidiscipline teams
Fortescue is deeply committed to providing a safe culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, and values diversity. We celebrate individual strengths and team members from all backgrounds are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neurodiverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Internal Candidates / Current Contractors please apply via Success Factors Careers Portal. For further information on how to apply please visit the Fortescue Hub.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified. Fortescue will never contact you to ask for payment of any kind, whether directly or through a third party.