Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!Our Company
At Adobe, we’re changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more significant. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers.
You will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world by numerous “best places to work” awards. Every day, we get to work with some of the most creative, analytical, authentic and inspiring people in the world. The challenge
The Data Engineer will be responsible for helping build the data infrastructure for the $2B+ Digital Media for Enterprise business, including Adobe’s flagship Creative Cloud and Document Cloud solutions. Working with the Senior Manager of Data Engineering, the Data Engineer will be responsible for ingesting data from a variety of internal and external sources into a centralized data lake and creating application and analytics use case specific data structures. Additionally, the Data Engineer will partner with other members of the Business Intelligence team to create dashboard and analytic solutions that provide critical insights to the Digital Media Enterprise Sales and Post-Sales teams. What you'll do:
What You Need To Succeed
- Architect, design and develop fault tolerant data infrastructure and data reporting solutions
- Collaborate across engineering teams in product and IT
- Work with variety of distributed platforms and systems, with deep understanding of databases, data in storage and data in motion
- Create efficient data ingestion processes with low latency systems and data warehouses
- Create and maintain solutions, frameworks and data pipelines which involve both batch and streams
- Create or improve engineering efficiency, automate manual steps, improve monitoring and alerting solutions which are already in place
- Be able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving, fast-paced agile development environment
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution
Special consideration given for:
- 10+ years of professional software and data engineering experience on customer-facing products
- Strong experience with data transformation & ELT on large data sets
- Strong enterprise development experience using Linux, Bash, SQL, Python
- Strong experience in API, REST services & custom integrations
- Ability to multi-task simultaneous different projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable experience
- Experience using Hadoop or Map/Reduce solutions & other Big Data technologies to process large volumes of data
- Knowledge in Data Science, ML/AI application life-cycle
- Experience in full stack development & integrations on Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience using Amazon cloud technologies to build scalable and robust solutions
- Experience with reporting frameworks, especially Power BI
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $154,000 -- $278,800 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.
Adobe aims to make Adobe.com accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 536-3015.
Adobe values a free and open marketplace for all employees and has policies in place to ensure that we do not enter into illegal agreements with other companies to not recruit or hire each other’s employees.