Mars Inc is undergoing a significant Digital Transformation journey. Our ability to solve the most critical problems across Mars in a user-centric way through data and analytics is fundamental to our Digital Engine and our transformation. The opportunities are significant for Mars, and the opportunities for those working in this space are both hugely exciting and rewarding. Connecting and deriving breakthrough insight from our Mars Snacking data ecosystems, leveraging the rapidly growing world of external data to get closer to our customers and consumers than ever before, and unlocking efficiencies and automation in our Supply Chain and Quality operations are just some of our big focus areas.
Building on this momentum, we are recruiting an experienced Data Scientist to drive innovation and aid the push for transformative initiatives within our organization. As a Transformational Data Scientist
, you will be responsible for pushing the boundaries of data science, exploring new methodologies, and championing the adoption of cutting-edge technologies. Your expertise and visionary approach will enable us to revolutionize our supply chain operations and unlock new opportunities for growth and optimization. This role will be particularly focused in the area of Supply Chain Resilience - building tools dealing with the prediction, response, and recovery from disruptive events that have become increasingly common in today's chaotic natural and political climate.
The transformational role
aims to support a 36-month transformative program and will be focused primarily on the reinvention and enhancement of the digital acceleration effort ongoing at Mars. This role has a strong potential to transition into a permanent Mars role prior to the conclusion of the transformation period, where appropriate.
- Contribute to transformative projects that redefine our approach to data science and analytics in the supply chain domain.
- Identify and evaluate emerging trends, techniques, and technologies in data science, machine learning, and supply chain analytics, and assess their potential for transformative impact.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business challenges and design innovative solutions using advanced data science methodologies.
- Develop and deploy state-of-the-art models, algorithms, and tools to extract actionable insights from complex data sets.
- Drive the development and implementation of advanced analytics capabilities, including predictive and prescriptive modeling, optimization, simulation, and artificial intelligence.
- Act as a thought leader, promoting a culture of innovation, data-driven decision-making, and continuous improvement within the Supply Chain Data & Analytics (SCDA) team and across the organization.
- Communicate complex concepts and technical findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner.
- Assist the SCDA Data Science organization with ongoing projects and help steer the adoption of new infrastructure when appropriate.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in data science, statistical analysis, optimization, and machine learning techniques.
- Proficiency with Python including familiarity with packages and frameworks for data manipulation and analysis (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn).
- Experience with data visualization tools such as matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly Dash.
- Familiarity with SQL for data extraction and manipulation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to translate business challenges into data science problems.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on data quality and accuracy.
- Good communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and present findings to stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an Applied Data Science role or equivalent, and overall, 4-6 years experience ideally within the CPG, Consumer Products, Retail, Telecom, or Financial Services industries.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with experience in statistical analysis and modeling.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques, such as regression, classification, clustering, or time-series analysis.
- Familiarity with data preprocessing and feature engineering techniques.
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts and processes is a plus.
Note: The Data Scientist in this transformational role will have a unique opportunity to drive meaningful change, shape the future of the team, and make a lasting impact on our supply chain operations. The role will report directly to the Lead Data Scientist or one of the Senior Data Scientist roles and collaborate closely with other members of the SCDA team.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.