Classification: ANU Officer Level 7 (IT)
Salary package: $97,707 to $102,600 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
Location: Acton, Canberra ACT
Requirements of the role: The role is based primarily from the ANU Acton campus.
ANU Advancement provides leadership and support across the University in developing meaningful and sustainable relationships with ANU alumni, donors, and the broader community, securing long-term philanthropic investment and ensuring the strong management of existing philanthropic funds and accountability to the university’s donors. This is achieved through directing activity exclusively towards supporting, amplifying, and propelling the University’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives, in service to its ever-changing priorities and areas of greatest need. ANU Advancement's mission is to build meaningful and enduring connections with our community and pair the passions of generous people with the outstanding work of our University.
About the role:
The Senior Data Analyst plays a pivotal role in driving the University's philanthropic mission by overseeing the technical design, implementation, and enhancement of a comprehensive reporting suite for the Advancement Client Relationship Management (CRM) system. Reporting to the Manager, Systems, Data & Intelligence, the Senior Data Analyst collaborates closely with the Advancement team to proactively identify and address stakeholder requirements, delivering tailored reporting solutions.
With a strong emphasis on collaboration and effective communication, the role fosters customer-focused relationships with business users and stakeholders, embodying the Advancement values of Accountability, Professionalism, Care, Passionate, Courageous, and Collaboration.
The Senior Data Analyst possesses advanced technical proficiency, holds a degree in a pertinent field and has a background in reporting within either a university or enterprise environment. This professional prioritises analytical skills, strategic thinking, and a steadfast commitment to delivering service excellence within the unique context of a university environment.
Our ideal candidate:
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrates outstanding expertise in data wrangling, analysis, and reporting tools.
- Continuous Improvement: Exhibits a forward-thinking mindset and a dedicated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Displays exceptional numerical and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Communication and Collaboration: Possesses a collaborative mindset, fostering strong working relationships within the team and across the university.
- Commitment to Excellence and Values: Aligns with Advancement values of Accountability, Professionalism, Care, Passionate, Courageous, and Collaboration, reflecting a commitment to excellence and shared values.
Why you will love working at the ANU:
At ANU, we work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. Below are just a few of the reasons you’ll love working at the ANU. Check out our careers page and website for even more information.
- We offer industry-leading benefits and continuously look for new ways to support our people.
- A healthy work-life balance with a 35-hour full time work week.
- Generous conditions and benefits, including discounted course fees when you study at ANU, 17% superannuation as well as very generous leave entitlements.
- We believe in building careers and creating opportunities - Advancement has a commitment to making significant investment in its people, talent and talent pipelines.
- We support your ongoing growth and development - including funding for professional development, time dedicated to continuing professional development and staff discounts on ANU courses.
- We are committed to fostering a safe, connected, innovative and enabling culture.
- We support your wellbeing through enabling social connections, mental health support, discounts at the on-campus gym, flexibility and family friendly work practices and more.
- We believe in balance - and offer our staff additional paid leave, industry leading paid parental leave, flexible work, family friendly work practices and more.
- Our beautiful campus location has a vibrant atmosphere, great amenities, warm and welcoming community and many green spaces.
For further information about this position, please contact: Simon Watson (Head, Advancement Systems and Business Intelligence) email@example.com.
The Australian National University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities at the ANU, visit: https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion/aboriginal-torres-strait-islander-employment.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by things such as socio-economic background, race, religion, gender, pronouns or disability. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit: human-resources-division/equity-and-diversity.
Reasonable adjustments to support applicants through this recruitment process can be made available upon request. Requests for adjustments will be treated with the strictest of confidentiality.
In order to apply for this role, please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A maximum 2-page response outlining your suitability for the role, specific to the selection criteria
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not include a response to the selection criteria will not be considered for the position.
Please note: the successful applicant is legally required to have appropriate Australian work-rights to live and work in Australia. The successful applicant will also be required to undergo a National Police Check. A formal, written offer of employment will be conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory results.