- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for millions of members.
- Join a fast paced and growing team with a global reach.
- Flexible and inclusive work environment for all
At AustralianSuper, we truly care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That's why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn and grow and deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will be responsible for assisting in advancing our Azure Data Engineering capability at the Fund. This key role will act as a Senior Technical Mentor to other Data Engineers in building the Fund's Data Solution
At AustralianSuper, we put members first in everything we do. The successful candidate will exhibit a strong member-centric mindset, have proven engineering leadership and governance expertise (including commercial management), have breadth of experience across different delivery techniques and be passionate about continuously learning, leading, and developing talent.
Some key responsibilities but not limited to;
- Represent the Technology Data and Analytics team in Fund wide data initiatives and the roll-out of Fund wide data capabilities.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other techniques that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Provide governance over vendor outcomes and associated deliverables.
- Liaise effectively with project team members, business stakeholders and external vendors to build strong partnerships to help create a collaborative, transparent, and high performing culture with a strong delivery mind set.
- Support and coach Data Engineers to develop strong engineering skills including sharing different requirements development techniques such as user story development and human centred design.
- Apply structured development and training approach across the team, leveraging wider standards established across the Engineering Practices
What you'll need
- Experience working in complex enterprise Data Environments
- Proven advanced Engineering experience in Python, Spark, SQL and related languages.
- 5+ years' experience in designing and building advanced Data Pipelines and Data Warehouses at an enterprise scale.
- Proven DevOps experience inclusive of creating CI/CD/CT pipelines for data engineering and analytics using Azure Devops.
- Strong experience in one or more of the following public Data cloud platforms, Azure Synapse, AWS Redshift, Google Cloud, with preference for Azure Cloud Synapse and ADF
- Experience in training AI/ML models through supervised/unsupervised and categorical/continuous learning methods - with preference for Azure ML
- Database administration and management experience including but not limited to Microsoft SQL technologies.
- Self-aware, resilient, and exhibit growth mindset
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our people with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress powered by purpose.