It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands reaching nearly 90 percent of the world’s population. We focus on cloud, advanced, and specialty technology solutions, in addition to mobility and commercial/consumer technologies. Our market reach, diverse solutions portfolio, and digital platform Ingram Micro Xvantage™ set us apart. We have approximately 27,000 associates committed to serving our more than 161,000 customers and 1,500 vendor partners worldwide. Learn more at www.Ingrammicro.com.Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2023-2024 in Canada! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
The position is a hybrid role based in our downtown Toronto, Ontario office with the opportunity to work 3 days remotely per week.
INGRAM MICRO INSIGHTS & RECOMMENDATION PRACTICE
Ingram Micro's Insights & Recommendation (InR) practice is a profit-generating strategic department that provides IT channel stakeholders with the insights and industry intelligence to generate more business, expand reach, and achieve pinpoint accuracy in their sales and marketing efforts. The department develops high margin science offerings for Ingram’s Global Partners and internal Business Units across the company including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance.
Featuring large transactional, product, and inventory databases across the IT Distribution Channel, the InR department develops the science and products driving Ingram’s product recommendations, search, lead analytics, recommendation engines, propensity models, industry performance, customer health analysis, product lifecycle analysis, forecasts and growth targets, as well as supply chain optimization.Position
Qualifications And Role
- Seeking an experienced Data Analyst to develop and expand solutions for Ingram Micro’s Supply Chain operations.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of highly talented Ph.D.s, M.A.s, and industry experts to use advanced scientific techniques on world class data infrastructure to develop large-scale models with immediate and long-term relevance.
- Focus on building new and refining existing scripts.
- Build models, work with large granular data sets, communicate models to key internal and external stakeholders, be positioned as a Subject Matter Expert, and own sub-streams of projects that requires effective communication with cross-functional teams.
Nice to have:
- A master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, economics, data science, operations research, or a related field
- 3+ years of work experience in a data analyst or analytics role
- Strong Expertise with SQL language (SQL Server and Big Query would be an asset) such as writing queries, scripts, and stored procedures.
- Proficient in Python used for data analysis.
- Experience using cloud services like GCP/AWS.
- Strong experience in cleaning, aggregating, pre-processing and visualizing large granular data from varied sources, including complex relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms, including supervised and unsupervised methods.
- Ability to show resourcefulness and ownership of our reporting and analysis systems.
- Analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong capacity to apply data science techniques to real-world business challenges.
- The ability and desire to learn new things quickly.
- Ability to apply insights to high impact questions with immediate and long-term relevance.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly engaged team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehouse Management, or Operations
- Experience with EDI data feeds.
- This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
At Ingram Micro, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonuses, or sales incentives. These awards are allocated based on position level and individual performance. Canadian associates have access to flexible Healthcare, Dental, Vision, well-being benefits and perks, critical illness, disability coverage, mental health support, paid time off, RRSP Matching and much more!Equal Opportunity Statement
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. Ingram Micro Canada is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Accommodations for job applicants are available on request, please contact us by sending an email to AODAFeedback@ingrammicro.com. This email box is designed to assist with accommodations through the hiring process. Emails sent for non-accommodation-related inquiries, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response. In your email, please provide contact details, and preferred contact method and describe the accommodation so we can work with you to assist.Ingram Micro’s Commitment to ESG (Environment, Social & Governance)
Ingram Micro is a values-driven organization and our commitment to ESG performance is a statement about who we are and our desire to make a difference each day through the way we do business. Through our IngramMicroESG program, we establish policies, programs, and practices to achieve continuous improvement on the Environmental, Social and Governance areas that are most significant to our stakeholders. Learn more about our ESG initiatives and read our ESG reports here – Ingram Micro ESG.