Employment Type: Full-Time, Mid-level
Department: Business Intelligence
CGS is seeking a passionate and driven Data Engineer to support a rapidly growing Data Analytics and Business Intelligence platform focused on providing solutions that empower our federal customers with the tools and capabilities needed to turn data into actionable insights. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and perpetual learner; excited to gain exposure and build skillsets across a range of technologies while solving some of our clients’ toughest challenges.
CGS brings motivated, highly skilled, and creative people together to solve the government’s most dynamic problems with cutting-edge technology. To carry out our mission, we are seeking candidates who are excited to contribute to government innovation, appreciate collaboration, and can anticipate the needs of others. Here at CGS, we offer an environment in which our employees feel supported, and we encourage professional growth through various learning opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Complete development efforts across data pipeline to store, manage, store, and provision to data consumers
- Being an active and collaborating member of an Agile/Scrum team and following all Agile/Scrum best practices
- Write code to ensure the performance and reliability of data extraction and processing
- Support continuous process automation for data ingest
- Achieve technical excellence by advocating for and adhering to lean-agile engineering principles and practices such as API-first design, simple design, continuous integration, version control, and automated testing
- Work with program management and engineers to implement and document complex and evolving requirements
- Help cultivate an environment that promotes customer service excellence, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Collaborate with others as part of a cross-functional team that includes user experience researchers and designers, product managers, engineers, and other functional specialists
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- 7+ years of IT experience including experience in design, management, and solutioning of large, complex data sets and models
- Experience with developing data pipelines from many sources from structured and unstructured data sets in a variety of formats
- Proficiency in developing ETL processes, and performing test and validation steps
- Proficiency to manipulate data (Python, R, SQL, SAS)
- Strong knowledge of big data analysis and storage tools and technologies
- Strong understanding of the agile principles and ability to apply them
- Strong understanding of the CI/CD pipelines and ability to apply them
- Experience with relational database, such as, PostgreSQL
- Work comfortably in version control systems, such as, Git Repositories
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience creating and consuming APIs
- Experience with DHS and knowledge of DHS standards a plus
- Candidates will be given special consideration for extensive experience with Python
- Ability to develop visualizations utilizing Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience in developing Shell scripts on Linux
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive data strategies and analytic solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and communicate technical terms to non-technical audiences
Contact Government Services (CGS) strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We combine cutting-edge technology with world-class personnel to deliver customized solutions that fit our client’s specific needs. We are committed to solving the most challenging and dynamic problems.
For the past seven years, we’ve been growing our government-contracting portfolio, and along the way, we’ve created valuable partnerships by demonstrating a commitment to honesty, professionalism, and quality work.
Here at CGS we value honesty through hard work and self-awareness, professionalism in all we do, and to deliver the best quality to our consumers mending those relations for years to come.
We care about our employees. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
- Paid Time Off and Observance of State/Federal Holidays
Contact Government Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Join our team and become part of government innovation!
Explore additional job opportunities with CGS on our Job Board:
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com or contact: