Are you a data engineer with experience delivering BI reports to executive leadership? Do you enjoy analyzing data and designing clear and concise reports? Looking to join an organization where your creativity and expertise is valued? Would you like to find an employer still offering a pension plan with a lifetime benefit option plus a generous compensation and benefit package?
At Texas Municipal Retirement Systems (TMRS), we are looking for a Data Engineer to deliver reports which have a high impact on our organization and its members. You will be a key member of an IS department which values innovation, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and accountability. Our unique culture places significant value on a healthy work life balance - we don’t just say it, we live it. TMRS invests in our staff - we hire the best, offer continuous staff development opportunities, make space for creativity, and compensate generously. We deliver, recognize, and celebrate results which benefit our city partners and members.
The Data Engineer has experience as a business intelligence developer implementing modern enterprise reporting and analytics products. This role works within the IS Department, on the Data Team, translating raw data into actionable and insightful information for our stakeholders. The Data Engineer designs and creates reports, presenting data in interactive, self-service, and automated report solutions. This role works in partnership with IS Data Team, key business stakeholders, software developers, and other IS department teams.Salary:
Up to $120,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.Responsibilities
- Design, create, and optimize reports which support existing operations and drive improvements.
- Maintain and enhance data models based on intended use; balancing: accessibility, transformations, data movement, and storage resources.
- Participate in code reviews for data and software engineers working on sprint deliverables.
- Perform data analysis and clearly communicate meaningful insights to internal stakeholders to support strategic decision making, drive efficiencies, and enhance our customer experience.
- Derive and publish technical requirements and operating procedures, mapped from business requirements, to clearly identify source data, calculations, and workflow for data products.
- Collaborate with Security and Infrastructure staff to ensure data is secure in all systems.
- Assist in the evaluation of new data tools, analytic functionality, and advanced reporting systems and identify new opportunities for improving organizational effectiveness.
Education & Experience
- Advanced experience creating Power BI reports.
- Advanced SQL (PL/SQL, T-SQL) and performance tuning experience
- Skilled in writing DAX queries
- Knowledge of Azure Data & Analytics SaaS and PaaS Services: Fabric, One Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL DB, SQL Server
- Data modeling in cloud data warehouse/Lakehouse
- Agile development supported by JIRA, Confluence, and Git
- Initiative to conduct detail-oriented problem solving in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, math, information systems, engineering, computer science, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with data, analytics, and reporting solutions