Since our launch in 2009, Puregym has been pioneering the model for high-quality, affordable and flexible fitness. Our mission to inspire healthier nations has led us to become the UK's favourite gym and now an international success story, currently operating across Denmark, Switzerland, the USA, Saudi Arabia and UAE with many more to come!
We are driven by the passionate people of PureGym, who create brilliant environments for our members and the communities we serve. Our unique Everybody Welcome approach provides a friendly, warm and welcoming environment for our members and our ambition to double in size over the next few years gives a great opportunity for our teams to grow and accelerate their careers.
Our Group Data & Analytics team are currently seeking a Data Engineer to be fully responsible for the creation, development, and management of a market-leading Group Data Platform.
Reporting into the Lead Data Engineer, you will be part of a small, highly-skilled Group Data Engineering team and working alongside a market-leading analytics and reporting function, utilising leading technologies and modern data lakehousing solutions. Given the size of the team, you will have a direct exposure to a range of business teams and senior stakeholders, making the role attractive to anyone looking to be close to the business problems and is driven to help solve them.
The current data platform is based on a framework of metadata driven data pipelines built within the Azure modern data warehouse tech stack, incorporating: Azure Data Lake Storage (Gen2), ADF v2 orchestration pipelines and Azure Databricks data transformations and data science models.
Your work will help maintain and expand the core data asset that drives reporting, analytics and Data Science across PureGym’s geographies. This includes integrating new data sets, improving performance and reliability of the existing pipelines, and working with end users to ensure data meets business needs and able to deliver impact. You will also collaborate with external parties with whom PureGym shares data, exposing you to a range of modern data transfer techniques.
At PureGym we value growth and have dedicated time and budget set aside for everyone’s Learning & Development. This, alongside close day-to-day collaboration ensures that you will grow and develop in your role and career at PureGym.
• Current Experience working with ADLS, Databricks / Spark, Python and Big Data processing frameworks.
• Experience implementing data warehouse solutions in Azure using SQL, T-SQL and ADF
• Ability to interpret and develop solutions against data model specifications
• Experience of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data processing
• Experience of the SDLC and deployment between Development, Test/UAT and Production environments.
• Clear understanding of Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines
• Good understanding of quality assurance within a data warehouse context, with a focus on Data Quality.
• Experience of agile delivery methodologies
• Understanding and commercial awareness of Data Security and GDPR
Desirable technical skills and experience:
• Experience of supporting a data science function
• Performance tuning and optimisation
• Experience with Data Warehousing methodologies
• Experience in building Tabular models in Azure. – Azure Analysis Services
Desirable soft skills and experience:
• Excellent Communication skills to interact closely with the technical, analytical and commercial teams at PureGym
• Experience in stakeholder management, ideally working with non-technical audiences and translating their requirements into Data Engineering work
• Ability to work independently as well as in close collaboration with a team
We believe we are the best at what we do and attract the best talent in the market. Our benefits go beyond the core benefits outlined below and give the successful candidate an opportunity to grow and build a truly rewarding career.
- Gym Membership +1
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays + 1 Personal Day
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Make a difference. Excite and inspire others. ‘Own it’ and be the best we can be.
- Stand Shoulder to Shoulder. Collaborate and share with each other. Include everyone and embrace uniqueness.
- Focus on the detail. Care about the little things. Have determination and resilience to get the job done.
- Play to Win. Improve and innovate – never get complacent. Challenge ourselves and each other. Celebrate our success.
PureGym is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Our company mantra is ‘Everybody Welcome’ and we are dedicated to promoting a diverse and inclusive place to work. From a hiring standpoint, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to ensuring that our PureGym colleagues reflect the diversity of the nation as well as our millions of gym members we serve.
Join us on our mission to inspire a healthier nation!