The Solution Architect for Contra Revenue Accrual and Analytics Design in Finance will play a vital role in designing, implementing, and maintaining database solutions to support the Contra Revenue accrual process and analytics in a global setting. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and provide innovative solutions that optimize data management and analysis. The Solution Architect will actively contribute to the success of new and ongoing projects, including but not limited to MEC (Month End Close) processes, Contra Transformations, financial audits, and data visualization initiatives.Responsibilities
- Develop, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical database models for contra revenue accrual and analytics.
- Collaborate with finance and IT stakeholders to understand requirements and unlock the full potential of data.
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications in the finance domain.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Conduct tests, troubleshoot issues, and integrate new elements to improve system performance.
- Optimize new and existing database systems for efficiency and scalability.
- Define security and backup procedures and maintain technical documentation.
- Design project plans with conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts to support contra revenue accrual and analytics processes.
- Identify areas of data inconsistency or discrepancies and develop strategies to address and improve data quality.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
Education And Experience Required
Knowledge And Skills
- Bachelor's in computer science, or Bachelor of Engineering (Software, Robotics and Physics) preferred.
- Typically, 3+ years of Data Engineers / BI developer / Data Analysis
- Background in designing and implementing database solutions.
- Proficient in SQL and other query languages for data modeling and analysis.
- Experience with financial data modeling, ETL processes, and data aggregation techniques.
- Familiarity with BI technologies such as ThoughtSpot, Power BI, Tableau, or similar tools for financial data visualization and reporting.
- Familiarity with SAP
- Good project management skills.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!