At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000 strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
Hybrid role, Miami local, Tuesday and Thursday in office!!!!!Position Summary
World Fuel Services is looking for an exceptional data analytics expert to synthesize and leverage our business aviation datasets to make better decisions, improve performance and create customer products. Additionally, this role will lead efforts in data-related products. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a passionate leadership team who is committed to creating new value and offerings based on analytics in a rapidly changing market. The goal is to use data analytics and predictive modeling to provide new value to both internal and external customers. If you have been dreaming of using analytics to change the world and then directly applying your insight into action, this could be your next job.Key Responsibilities
- Develop Analytics and Aviation products by identifying potential offerings; conducting customer research; generating requirements; determining specifications, timetables, pricing, and integrated plans for product introduction;.
- Evangelizing products and strategies and offerings to management and customers
- Measure and prioritize product investments and sales efforts to drive profitable growth utilizing both operational and financial data
- Create in-house applications and solutions leveraging APIs from external data and internal data sources
- Mine aviation vast data to develop new insights for growth, performance and products
- Work closely with leadership teams to prioritize business and information needs and drive our analytics strategy
- Utilize existing analytics tools to produce analytics for customers and develop sales tools to help customer immediately see value.
- Identify, analyze and predict trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Utilize advanced analytic tools, such as Tableau, to analyze data, develop reports and provide data-driven actionable recommendations
- Ability to ramp up on industry context as role require developing actionable business insight from data
- Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis.
- Develop standard procedures to manage data and automate analytics
- Expert knowledge of and experience with data blending - advanced data analytics software(Tableau and Alteryx preferred but not required), databases (oracle, SQL Server, etc.) and Excel.
- At least 5 years of experience working with large data sets in an analytics role.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical subjects into easily customer and business terms
- Strong business analysis experience or training
- Product Management or Business Development experience required in Data Analytics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presentation of findings to executives and customers
- Prior experience in Engineering, Business Analysis, Analytics, Business Intelligence or Statistical Data Analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in a quantitative, engineering, scientific or business field
- Experience in Aviation industry Preferred
World Fuel Services, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.