Life at Capgemini
Capgemini supports all aspects of your well-being throughout the changing stages of your life and career. For eligible employees, we offer:
- Collaborating with teams of creative, fun, and driven colleagues
- Flexible work options enabling time and location-based flexibility
- Company-provided home office equipment
- Virtual collaboration and productivity tools to enable hybrid teams
- Comprehensive benefits program (Health, Welfare, Retirement and Paid time off)
- Other perks and wellness benefits like discount programs, and gym/studio access.
- Paid Parental Leave and coaching, baby welcome gift, and family care/illness days
- Back-up childcare/elder care, childcare discounts, and subsidized virtual tutoring
- Tuition assistance and weekly hot skill development opportunities
- Experiential, high-impact learning series events
- Access to mental health resources and mindfulness programs
- Access to join Capgemini Employee Resource Groups around communities of interest
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get The Future You Want | www.capgemini.comDisclaimer
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Please be aware that Capgemini may capture your image (video or screenshot) during the interview process and that image may be used for verification, including during the hiring and onboarding process.
Applicants for employment in Canada must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in Canada by Capgemini.Job description:
As a Senior Engineer, you will build distributed data processing solution and highly loaded database solutions for various reasons including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. Give as part of self-organized team of expert data engineers working in an exciting, innovative environment for our client, crafting the foundation for decision-making at a company dealing with billions of events per day.
Investigate, build, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges. Provide mentorship, instruction, direction, leadership to a development team with the purpose of achieving project goals.
- Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all team members.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and gives to project plan of assigned area.
- Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on their experience and technical expertise.
- Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond their AOR.
- Responsible for resolving crisis situations within their AOR.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to contribute to the product;
- Constantly improves their professional level.
- Collaborates with other teams.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar.
- 3+ years' experience working in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Python programming languages.
- 3+ years of experience in ETL orchestration and workflow management tool Airflow.
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and distributed computing.
- Experience in Spark, Snowflake & Databricks.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams.
- Able to clear hacker rank code test.
- Experience in AWS (EC2/S2/IAM).
- 3+ years of experience with the Distributed data/similar ecosystem (Hive, Presto) and/or streaming technologies such as Kafka/Flink.
- Experience working with Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms.
- Experience with 3rd party tools integration.