Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology who wants to work in a collaborative environment? As an experienced Data Scientist,
you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. If so, consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model that is tailored specifically for long-term, onsite client service delivery.Work You’ll Do/Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented, curious, passionate, and results-oriented individual to join our clients’ Payments Marketing Data Science team.
Data Scientist will play a key role in enabling insights for marketing campaign performance. This individual will provide measurement and campaign optimization for payments globally, which will inform and shape marketing strategy and user experience across the clients’ payment ecosystem. Data Scientist will be a thought partner to the marketing team, will work closely with stakeholders to understand their goals and KPIs, and then use their analytics powers to surface learnings and insights to support these goals.
Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and discussion. We believe analytics is a team sport but strive for independent decision-making and taking smart risks.
Data Scientist day-to-day activities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform diagnostic analyses, including ML/statistical modeling, multivariate testing, and causal inference analyses, to quantify the lift of marketing campaigns.
- Conduct descriptive analysis and deep dives in large-scale data to identify key insights and opportunities that will shape the future of marketing strategy and user experience.
- Create data/model pipelines to automate recurring data pull and modeling processes.
- Leverage Keynote and/or Tableau to visualize insights and deliver results in business presentations and dashboards.
- Communicate regularly with Engagement Managers (Directors), project team members, and representatives from various functional and / or technical teams, including escalating any matters that require additional attention and consideration from engagement management.
- Independently and collaboratively lead client engagement workstreams focused on improvement, optimization, and transformation of processes including implementing leading practice workflows, addressing deficits in quality, and driving operational outcomes.
As a part of the US Strategy & Analytics Offering Portfolio, the AI & Data Engineering offering provides managed AI, Intelligent Automation, and Data DevOps services across the advise-implement-operate spectrum.Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in Data Science with a focus on marketing, customer analytics and/or financial products.
- Fluency with SQL queries in large and complex fragmented datasets and relational databases (Hadoop).
- Proven proficiency in developing pipelines with structured data stored in distributed files systems.
- Extensive experience with SQL and Python. Preferred experience with packages such as pandas, sklearn, causal impact, statsmodels, Prophet.
- Expertise in causal inference modeling and marketing campaign measurement.
- Solid experience with Tableau and Tableau Server for data visualization, dashboard development, and automation.
- Strong background and knowledge in data analytics and statistical modeling, including linear regression and time series modeling.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Advanced degree in Marketing Science, Data Science, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Analytical/ decision making responsibilities
- Analytical ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks into manageable work products
- Can operate independently or with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver technical demonstrations
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $97,875-190,000.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Our purpose
Deloitte’s purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, Deloitte means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: 171969