We’re Hiring for a Research Data Scientist
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc.
is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
Pure Technologies Ltd., a Xylem brand, is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies and solutions. With a focus on sustainability and the environment, Pure Technologies is committed to finding and advancing technology-driven services and groundbreaking products for water and energy pipeline operators. We believe our people are the key to our success and take pride in the growth and development of our employees.THE ROLE
: The Research Data Scientist
will be responsible for leading key sensing methodology research, and develop corresponding methods, testing process, algorithm, automation, machine learning models, and the implementation of data processing and AI applications for innovative robotics and platforms, to provide near real-time inspection and monitoring of underground water infrastructure. In this role, the individual will also demonstrate the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that product initiatives are met. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Research and AI application development
Data analysis, modeling, visualization and validation
- Lead key sensing methodology research in Non-Destructive Testing technologies (with potential focus on electromagnetic and ultrasonic technologies), design and testify corresponding data processing methods, testing process, algorithm, and validate resulted outcomes.
- Design and develop AI and machine learning models to satisfy product development requirements, support application areas such as real time monitoring, predictive analysis, process automation and optimization, feature recognition and classification, etc.
- Evaluate and continuously improve the developed methodology, process, workflow, application or ML deployment, and train end users.
Software integration and engineering collaboration
- Perform statistical analysis on multi-dimensional data sets, including processing, cleansing, visualizing and validating the integrity of data to be used for analysis.
- Develop tools to accelerate data acquisition workflows, and apply developed tool or procedure for preliminary data validation.
- Develop tools to aid and conceptualize potential data processing or data analysis workflows, and validate data product requirement can be met.
General Communication and Collaboration
- Work closely with software product owners and developers to ensure developed and deployed AI models, algorithm or data tools can be integrated into existing or future software smoothly.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines, stakeholders and end users to design holistic solutions for product requirement.
- Work closely with other data scientists/engineers to integrate model development and model deployment into new and existing data science infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively & proactively with the project team(s) to accomplish business objectives.
- Able to work in multi-project development environment.
- Self-motivated to bring his/her skills to the next level, and able to learn concepts and new techniques quickly and effectively.
- Master’s or PhD degree of Applied Science or Engineering in: Applied Physics, Applied Math, Data Science, Electrical Computer Engineering/ Mechatronics/Biomedical Engineering, or other related science or engineering fields.
- Minimum 4 years engineering/research work experience with Master’s degree, Minimum 2 years work experience with PhD degree. Prior work experience related to Water, Oil&Gas, Non-Destructive Testing industries and experience in electromagnetic or ultrasonic technologies is a plus.
- 2+ years hands-on programming experience with strong development skills in Python (OpenCV, NumPy, Matplotlib, Scipy) and PyTorch/TensorFlow or equivalent libraries. Matlab, Java or C# experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience or ability to lead research and exploratory experiments or testing process with minimal supervision.
- Creative problem solver with key attention to detail and strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong understanding of statistics, linear algebra, and calculus.
- Broad knowledge of signal processing, time series and spectral analysis
- Embedded Machine Learning experience with Edge Impulse or similar hardware providers will be an add on
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Time management skills, tasks prioritization skills and able to work independently.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at [email protected]. Please note that this contact is for accommodation purposes only. Applications will not be accepted via email.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.