Join Our Team as a Data Engineer with DataDevOps mindset!
BEC is on the lookout for an enthusiastic Data Engineer to embark on a thrilling journey with us as we transform data into a valuable asset for our customers. You will join as a data engineer, and you will play a crucial role in providing essential metrics and shape our data-driven future.
This position is based at our friendly office in Warsaw, and you will join our Data Tooling & Support team. The Data Tooling & Support team oversees the technical side of our data, working with metadata, data lineage, and our business glossary. The team is crucial in maintaining and providing tools for these data aspects, supporting both our internal teams and our banking partners.
This job offers you an opportunity to play a pivotal role in our journey towards data excellence. You will come to a collaborative and supportive work environment within our Enterprise Data Management (EDM) area. Here focus is on continuous learning and development in the field of data management. You will learn about Data Quality and Governance e.g. implementing data validation and auditing strategies or utilizing tools like Github/Bitbucket for code tracking.
At BEC, we prefer to collaborate often in the office, but we also keep the opportunity to work remotely up to 8 days per month. Your direct manager will be area director, Dominika Szabó Taudorf.Primary task and responsibilities include:
To succeed you will have:
- Data extraction: utilizing APIs, web scraping, and database queries
- Coding in languages like C# and Java
- Engage in fostering internal and external partnerships to drive our data objectives
- Contribute to a culture of shared expertise and innovative solution-finding
- Embrace a role that transcends individual contributions, focusing on collaborative success
- A curious mind with an open nature and desire to learn and knowledge-share with others
- Flexibility to adapt and grow in the role
- Competence in MS Office tools (Excel, Access)
- Familiarity with XML
- Agile mindset with a focus on continuous improvement and process automation
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Master in IT or similar
- Experience with tools like Precisely’s Data360 Govern, Sparx Systems’ Enterprise Architect, and Informatica Powercenter
Even if you are not a perfect fit, we have a dedicated team ready to help you acquire the necessary skills.Be your best self with BEC’s benefits!
We offer a diverse range of benefits for our employees. Here are just a few of them.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- Flexible working hours
- Mental health support
- Free lunch at the office
- Professional development
- Referral bonus up to PLN 10,000
- PLN 600 on a benefit platform a month
- Passion clubs and social events (Tennis, salsa dancing, board games, family picnics and more!)
- Send us your CV: We want to get to know you
- Screening call: Let’s chat and see if we’re a match
- Technical test: Show off your knowledge!
- Meet our talent partner and technical expert: Learn more about the job, BEC Poland, and tell us more about your skills and experience.
- Meet your future manager and team: See who you’ll be working closely with.
- Time to sign the contract: We’re ready to welcome you to BEC!
If you have any questions related to the position, please contact Talent Attraction and Workforce partner - Patrycja Krzykała.Make us aware of your talent
We are an equal opportunities employer. We hire top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. See our full list of vacancies at https://www.bec.dk/en/vacancies/
You can also learn more about BEC by browsing our company culture book: wearebec.pdf