OpenText is a global leader in information management, where innovation, creativity, and collaboration are the key components of our corporate culture. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to partner with the most highly regarded companies in the world, tackle complex issues, and contribute to projects that shape the future of digital transformation.The Opportunity
Join our innovative, cutting-edge AI team at OpenText as a Senior Data Scientist, where you will have the opportunity to revolutionize our IT Operations Management group by employing a fusion of data science, deep learning, LLM and AI approaches. Your role will be instrumental in exploring and developing new opportunities and forging prototypes to generate novel solutions that address challenges in our key target areas. You will liaise with Product, R&D, and cross-functional teams, driving the machine learning lifecycle - from data collection to model deployment - and cultivating best in breed AI and analytic capabilities within our expansive product portfolio.You Are Great At
What It Takes
- Collaborating with teams with diverse expertise to work on data science, machine learning, and AI projects.
- Develop, design, and deploy large-scale models and AI strategies for improving search results, understanding documents, processing queries, retrieval-augmented generation (RAG), and personalized recommendations.
- Oversee every aspect of model development, from the initial concept and data exploration, to designing and testing algorithms, developing and deploying them, and continuously monitoring and optimizing them in real-world use.
- Use measurable metrics to gain insights into the effectiveness of our AI and machine learning systems.
- Improve the methods for gathering data needed to develop AI systems.
- Devise techniques to understand each individual client and their behavior, enabling the delivery of highly effective machine learning models.
- Independently or collaboratively, carry out analytical projects to achieve objectives.
- Work closely with AI technology and engineering teams to take models from development to production and make them operational.
- A Master's (MS) or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Possess 3 or more years of hands-on experience in deep learning, natural language processing (NLP), generative AI, or a related field within the machine learning and artificial intelligence domain.
- Demonstrated experience in programming with Python and utilizing machine learning frameworks, including but not limited to PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Hugging Face libraries.
- Proven expertise in developing and deploying machine learning solutions on public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- A solid understanding and practical knowledge of working with APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).
- Strong grasp of data structures, algorithms, and programming methodologies.
- Proficiency in version control using tools like Git and experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools.
- Ability to automate tasks and proficiently collect, integrate, and analyze data from diverse sources.
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and enthusiasm for tackling open-ended problems, demonstrating a strong problem-solving mindset.
- Previous hands-on experience in training and fine-tuning Large Language Models (LLMs) or proficiency in working with various inference engines.
- Proven track record in deploying, optimizing, and effectively managing AI/ML models in production environments.
- Familiarity with acceleration platforms such as GPUs (Graphics Processing Units), TPUs (Tensor Processing Units), and related hardware for enhancing computational efficiency.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.