: Ongoing, Full Time Salary
: Base salary of$120,529 per annum plus 11% superannuation contributions. Position No:
SOH2343 Role Closes:
Monday 4 th March 2024 Role Enquiries:
firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Enquiries:
Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 An organisation where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
The Sydney Opera House is the number one tourist destination and the busiest Performing Arts centre in the Country. We are able to achieve this because of our incredibly hardworking and passionate people. Be part of shaping our future where you will be provided with opportunities to grow and develop while making a positive contribution to our community.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website . YOUR NEW ROLE
This key role within the marketing team is responsible for transforming data into insights. We are seeking a data enthusiast with a flair for challenging the status quo. You will navigate the data lifecycle to shape, refine, and construct raw data into dynamic dashboards to deliver insights for the marketing team and the wider business. This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role in shaping the data landscape of an Australian icon and contributing to its future performance.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description ARE YOU THE ONE?
We Are Looking For Someone With
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in Business Intelligence / Analytics roles.
- Exceptional technical proficiency working with SQL databases and data warehouses.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies.
- Strong business acumen including experience working with CRM, Marketing and Customer data.
- A curious and creative mind with a love of experimentation; ability to mould data into different models and visualisations that can deliver well considered, multi-level insights and analysis to different stakeholders.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS SQL Server tools, Python and Tableau Suite.
The Sydney Opera House gives you access to a fantastic range of benefits including:
OUR FOCUS ON DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & BELONGING
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Access to a range of professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives.
- Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including Pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives.
- Working for an organisation with a 6 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
- Working for an organisation who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Complimentary tickets to shows.
- And many more!
We are an inclusive employer who recognises everyone is unique, we welcome you for who you are – as you are, so if you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email us at email@example.com so we can discuss this further. If you think you’d be a great fit but don’t necessarily tick every box of the role description, please still get in touch.Read more about our DI&B commitments outline in our Strategy, which works hand in hand with the commitments in our longstanding Reconciliation , Accessibility and Environmental Action plans .
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognising the value, unique skills, and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, including but not limited to d/Deaf and Disabled people/people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as LGBTIQ+. NEED TO WORK FLEXIBLY?
We know flexibility means different things to different people, let us know how we can best support you to be your best. SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY NOW
Applicants are asked to please create a profile at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and follow the prompts which will include uploading an up to date resume..
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the two following targeted questions in the online application platform.
- Describe a situation where you designed and implemented an ETL process aimed at consolidating data from multiple sources into a single database. Highlight the challenges you encountered and the solutions you used to overcome them.
- Provide details about a complex report that you created, from sourcing and transforming the data to creating the end dashboard. Highlighting its impact to the business and the insights gained.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment. The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies