We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!Responsibilities
P&C Analytics in Financial Operations is looking to hire a data analyst to focus on P&C - Claims data
support which includes:
- Extracting, transforming and loading data for various reports and analytics solutions.
- Effectively utilizes coding skill (e.g, SAS, SQL, Python) to manage, transform, and/or analyze data.
- Demonstrates familiarity with data retrieval and storing systems, data modeling, data visualization and data warehousing using ETL tools, AWS-based analytics, and business intelligence concepts.
- Effectively analyzes data, creates appropriate visualizations, and communicates results of analyses to various levels of management with cohesive, understandable, and appropriate message points, summaries, reports, and presentations.
- May apply specialized knowledge of research/statistical techniques.
- Building and/or modifying existing technical solutions to meet project requirements including design, coding, testing, and implementing.
- Creating and maintaining automated data solutions for reports and analytic solutions.
Additional desired skills:
- Demonstrated coding skills with multiple languages (must include intermediate to advanced skills in SQL and SAS)
- Demonstrated learning agility to quickly learn both new technical skills and business acumen with immediately application of skills.
- Technical expertise with multiple computing environments, including Linux, Mainframe as well as AWS experience and/or willingness to learn.
- Strong problem-solving and resourcefulness competencies.
- Demonstrated success with executing data ETL.
- Demonstrated success with executing recurring reporting tasks including building, automating, troubleshooting, and maintaining.
- Demonstrated teamwork and communication competencies.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- Knowledge/experience in P&C Premium and Loss data (PCADSS)
- Experience with CRON, putty and shell scripting in Linux.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Platform and associated tools/services such as dBeaver, Sagemaker, Starburst, etc.
- Relational Database knowledge (DB2, Redshift, S3)
- BI Tooling Knowledge/experience such as QlikSense, QuickSight, Power BI, etc.